is push RTH necessary

Reaction score
in the manual I find

"Pull the left stick to the bottom inside corners and press the RTH button at the same time. Only stop the motors mid- ight in emergency situations when doing so can reduce the risk of damage or injury. "

But I find that pulling the L stick to the bottom inside alone stops the rotors in flight. Appears that pressing RTH button is not necessary.

Question
So is the quote false or have I missed something?

Thank you

But I find that pulling the L stick to the bottom inside alone stops the rotors in flight. Appears that pressing RTH button is not necessary.

So is the quote false or have I missed something?
What you have missed is that left stick down does not stop the motors in flight.
It's the standard method for descending and has been thoroughly tested by thousands of users.
Left stick down only stops the motors when the Phantom has landed and can't descend any more.

Thank you

Were you really on the ground when you tested this, not in flight?

When the software senses the craft isn't descending for 3 seconds (using the barometer and/or VPS) while the left stick is down, the motors will shut off. That happens whether it's on the ground, or when you have caught the craft by hand.

If you are 100' up and give it full down and to the inside, the craft will descend fast while spinning around. I recommend you don't do that, even though it will fly down and descend as you have instructed it to, with motors running.

What you read about turns the motors off immediately, called a CSC, it doesn't wait 3 seconds. That combination will also turn off the motors while flying, so hopefully you'll never need to do that while flying and you won't accidentally do that while flying, as you will have a big big repair bill as a result.

Reactions: Sixgun89
What you have missed is that left stick down does not stop the motors in flight.
It's the standard method for descending and has been thoroughly tested by thousands of users.
Left stick down only stops the motors when the Phantom has landed and can't descend any more.
As per the post, my "test" was L stick down AND in. But see next post/response.

Were you really on the ground when you tested this, not in flight?

Was hovering a few inches above grass.

When the software senses the craft isn't descending for 3 seconds (using the barometer and/or VPS) while the left stick is down, the motors will shut off. That happens whether it's on the ground, or when you have caught the craft by hand.

If you are 100' up and give it full down and to the inside, the craft will descend fast while spinning around. I recommend you don't do that, even though it will fly down and descend as you have instructed it to, with motors running.

What you read about turns the motors off immediately, called a CSC, it doesn't wait 3 seconds. That combination will also turn off the motors while flying, so hopefully you'll never need to do that while flying and you won't accidentally do that while flying, as you will have a big big repair bill as a result.

Ah ha, you have nicely explained what I observed. AC descended and rotated, sat down on the grass, and after a brief moment, the rotors stopped.

So I did not test a “CSC”, I merely tested L stick down and in at a trivial altitude.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj