Is it worth to buy a p4 pro instead a p4 regular paying US700 more?

Reaction score
I have the possibility to buy a P4 standard used for US1300 or a P4 pro v 2.0 for US2000 which is also used too, but it is sell by the dji representative with warranty. I just want the drone for fun and to make some videos. I am affraid to crash my P4 standard since this drone does not have all the security crash sensors and since I am new, . Which one would you choose? By the way, here in my country it is not easy to get a P4 pro V2, and a new one costs around 3500.

Last edited:
Yes they top $$$here aswell,,most times these sensors ,they sort of only work well around objects while flying low,I'm p4s flyer and obstacle avoidance is off anyway ,again only good if very low flying but again can give errors in flight or strange behavior,,they dont save all crashs so dont rely on them,,if concern still you should fly something cheaper so crash dont matter,,we all face this when flying what ever drone we fly,,I'm more than happy with the p4s,on my second one now,does more than enough for me and saves me learning anything else,good luck on choice and no crashing,stay safe too

Reactions: gppms and Capt KO
I have the possibility to buy a P4 standard used for US1300 or a P4 pro v 2.0 for US2000 which is also used too, but it is sell by the dji representative with warranty. I just want the drone for fun and to make some videos. I am affraid to crash my P4 standard since this drone does not have all the security crash sensors and since I am new, .
If you are interested in photography, the P4 pro is the one to get as it's camera has a much larger sensor and a controllable aperture.
But for just flying fun either would be good.

The most effective way to prevent crashing is to fly in an open area where there's nothing to crash into.
Flying close to trees and buildings is always risky, even with obstacle avoidance sensors.

Reactions: jpblcm and Capt KO
If you are in the US, you should be able to find a used P4 for under 1k easy and if you search hard you may catch a P4P v1 for right around 1k. If you pay more it better come with several batteries and other extra parts.

Reactions: Tony McDrone
Why would you let someone rip you off for a used P4 Pro V2 at $2000 when they are selling brand new for $1599 at B&H. First of all you need to indicate what you are going to use it for. If only for pleasure and you don't need the higher photo and video quality of the Pro, the standard will do fine. I have both P4 Standard and Pro V2. The difference in quality of the video and stills on the Pro compared to Standard was unbelievable when I first saw it. If you are into it for the photography, you will not be disappointed with the P4 Pro V2. Here is the link to B&H

We would like to know which country. Shipping from the US, where much cheaper, might be an option...? No warranty but much less cost, possibly.

Yes, $2000 for used P4P is much too much. Must be very expensive country you live in.

Yes, $2000 for used P4P is much too much. Must be very expensive country you live in.
I have the possibility to buy a P4 standard used for US1300 or a P4 pro v 2.0 for US2000 which is also used too, but it is sell by the dji representative with warranty. I just want the drone for fun and to make some videos. I am affraid to crash my P4 standard since this drone does not have all the security crash sensors and since I am new, . Which one would you choose? By the way, here in my country it is not easy to get a P4 pro V2, and a new one costs around 3500.
Check out the Mavic 2 Zoom has all the sensors and good camera

Reactions: drifter106
Ok. This may be a dead subject now but I want to make my reply anyway. Buy the best, that P4v2. You say now you just want to fly for fun and whatever. I’ll tell you what happens next, you buy low level to save a few bucks, then you get hooked, then you’re into the cycle of selling to buy better. So buy the best now. You will be glad you did.

Reactions: drifter106

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav