Is it safe to fly in GPS mode? K-Index monitor Android app

Re: Is it safe to fly in GPS mode? K-Index monitor Android a

I have found a problem with the app... When connected to the phantom, it continues to try and update the k index, and of course fails. It retries every minute or so -- a lot faster than it's normal update rate. On occasions this has caused the dji app to stop mid flight which is a pita...
It would be really useful to have a manual mode, where it only checks for updates if you tap the app, and doesn't do it automatically.

For now I'd sadly had to remove it....

Hmmm. It should not do that.
Will have a look at the code again and try to fix it asap.

Thank you for reporting.

__
Sent from my mobile phone. Please excuse for the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

I'm on my boat at the moment, and as the pc with the source code is home I'm not able to do anything.
Will be back home this Sunday an will have a look at it.
I'll also copy the source code to my laptop next time. :/

__
Sent from my mobile phone. Please excuse for the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

I'll see what I can do.

__

Small update.

I'm still working on the main K-Index monitor app, but for now I've also created a lite version of it (called: K-Index Lite Monitor)

All the lite version does when started is: "get the current K value, Show it to the user, and exit the app"
As this is still the 1st release of the "lite version" I've not put it on Google Play. (will be when all seems to work okay)

k-index-lite.png

You can download the "alpha" version of K-Index Lite Monitor from: http://www.droidbin.com/p18osde3e11va1brj8nc1moj1po03

Direct QR code link:
p18osde3e11va1brj8nc1moj1po03.png

Please report back if the "lite" version is working for you or not.
I'm also open for suggestions.

Noël said:
Small update.

I'm still working on the main K-Index monitor app, but for now I've also created a lite version of it (called: K-Index Lite Monitor)

All the lite version does when started is: "get the current K value, Show it to the user, and exit the app"
As this is still the 1st release of the "lite version" I've not put it on Google Play. (will be when all seems to work okay)

You can download the "alpha" version of K-Index Lite Monitor from: http://www.droidbin.com/p18os643p4sfp1q3t1ss2mr41pjh3

Direct QR code link:
p18os643p4sfp1q3t1ss2mr41pjh3.png

Works but always opens in landscape on my asus tablet.

Noël said:

Works OK on Lenovo IdeaTabA3000 / Android 4.2.2

I'll prefer Lite version, suits my "workflow"; check K-index first, then connect to Phantom WiFi.

Thank's Noël.

Re: K-Index monitor app (Android) Is it safe to fly in GPS m

Noël said:
I've also created a lite version of the above app (called: K-Index Lite Monitor)

Hi Noël

It is a very nice App for quad pilots.

I have downloaded the K-index monitor, but looks like it´s freeze, the app does not open or show any sign of activity, on the other hand the K-index lite monitor works fine, Unfortunate I have to wait until tomorrow to check how it´s working a then I´ll give you a feed back.

Best regards

I found one for the iphone, finally!! actually its a really cool app, it will give you the k-index, plus pictues of the solar flares, etc... its called "Solar Monitor" but its not free, $9.99 but well worth it I think!

On the iPhone I'm using a free app called NASA SWx. It has a lot of pictures of the sun using different filters. Remove all those and choose Planetary KP. It updates in 3 hour intervals.

Can't get this app to work on my Samsung Tab 3 Lite. I downloaded it from the Play Store and it shows up, but it does nothing. ???

meloyelo said:
Can't get this app to work on my Samsung Tab 3 Lite. I downloaded it from the Play Store and it shows up, but it does nothing. ???
This application has no any user interface, the status of "K-index" is displayed direct in the Android notification bar (in the form a one-digit number)...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl