UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

Download app today and tested with my vision +
Results
Note 3
Ground Station all set up fine but couldn't send to the bird. Kept telling me to delete previous waypoints.

Camera started recording as soon as I took off which was good but while in the air had no control of it. Couldn't start or stop it, couldn't tilt it, couldn't take snapshots.

When I flew out of range it didn't tell me it was returning home, I had to log into my flytrex account to see if it was on its way home which it was. When it was back within wifi range the video came back but no other data. Even tried restarting the app with the same results.

Tab S 10.1
Tried it on my tablet but all I could get on it was just a video feed, nothing else so I shut it down. Probably me doing something wrong so I'll keep playing with this one.

Other than this this app has some huge potential and I'm excited to get it all to work as the features on this verses DJI are night and day...

jasonnelson007 said:
Results
Note 3
Ground Station all set up fine but couldn't send to the bird. Kept telling me to delete previous waypoints.

Camera started recording as soon as I took off which was good but while in the air had no control of it. Couldn't start or stop it, couldn't tilt it, couldn't take snapshots.

When I flew out of range it didn't tell me it was returning home, I had to log into my flytrex account to see if it was on its way home which it was. When it was back within wifi range the video came back but no other data. Even tried restarting the app with the same results.

Tab S 10.1
Tried it on my tablet but all I could get on it was just a video feed, nothing else so I shut it down. Probably me doing something wrong so I'll keep playing with this one.

Other than this this app has some huge potential and I'm excited to get it all to work as the features on this verses DJI are night and day...

On the Tab S, you didn't happen to touch the little gear icon on the right, did you? That will turn off the telemetry display.

PhilAnderson said:
jasonnelson007 said:
Results
Note 3

Tab S 10.1

On the Tab S, you didn't happen to touch the little gear icon on the right, did you? That will turn off the telemetry display.
No. I don't actually even see a gear on mine. But actually after this post I tried them both again in my garage with props off and they both seemed to work pretty good. GS I must have to learn how to use properly because I could only get it to work half the time so it must be something I'm doing. I'll try it again today.
Thanks

Is this modified app going to be updated soon with 1.0.58 app? I use Android and with new Android update, 1.0.54 crashes non stop and was fixed in 1.0.58. Having to use the stock app now and really wish the modified! I'll donate more.

Hi guys. Can anyone yet confirm that Coffee's app works with the new 3.12 firmware? Just picked up a second Phantom 2 V+ v3 and it's out of the box on 3.08. I daren't update anything just in case it stuffs the app. Cheers

First flight with the GS today. Crash and burn. Still investigating but either the altitude was off and it clipped the tops if the trees or I had a bird problem. Video actually managed to quit recording about 15-20secs before the crash which doesn't help either. Thank god for flytrex, drove and walked right to it. 3 broken props, 1 side of the landing gear and bent gimble.

If anyone wants to check out the flytrex data it's under Jason Nelson. Any ideas would be great.

Okay, I've a problem. My copter is on newest firmware. What firmware do I need at the copter to work perfect with the modified vision app? Is there a chance to downgrade???

I have this FW on an other P2V+. It's 3.08 (newest is 3.12). Will the last modified app work with this FW? Will try the GS tomorrow - first flight for this new season. ;-)

Thank you.

Michael

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-03-19 14.55.01.png
    Screenshot 2015-03-19 14.55.01.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 539

Will work just fine.

Bump for a good APP

Hey guys, anyone having issues with ground station where you tap a way point and it appears in a different location? On my note 3 the accuracy of taps seems to be a bit out so editing waypoint altitudes or moving them is a right PITA.

Hey Coffee, been drinking any good coffee lately? Bump to a great APP.

Bigcat said:
Hey guys, anyone having issues with ground station where you tap a way point and it appears in a different location? On my note 3 the accuracy of taps seems to be a bit out so editing waypoint altitudes or moving them is a right PITA.

Mine is working just like it is supposed to. Do you have any thing else on your tablet that you can test the accuracy of your touch?

Its a galaxy note 3 and everything else is working fine. I have tried using the pen which is a little better but it seems the touch calibration is way off in this app, or at least only on my device

The Find My Phantom 2 function doesn't work. Just says No Flight Data.
Shouldn't it store the last coordinates it had before losing connection to the Phantom and then store on the device until next time it connects to the Phantom?

GSSP said:
Hey Coffee, been drinking any good coffee lately? Bump to a great APP.

LOL

I know I have been MIA for a while. Cold crappy weather combined with busy work AND moving places have left me with little time!

Bigcat said:
Its a galaxy note 3 and everything else is working fine. I have tried using the pen which is a little better but it seems the touch calibration is way off in this app, or at least only on my device

I've only used a Galaxy S4 and a note 4. Both seem to work just fine with touch.

sbarton said:
The Find My Phantom 2 function doesn't work. Just says No Flight Data.
Shouldn't it store the last coordinates it had before losing connection to the Phantom and then store on the device until next time it connects to the Phantom?

Don't know. I think it may clear that info once you exit?

I live in a restricted area near an airport. I can fly but I'm height restricted to 400'. I don't fly higher than that anyway, but gs will not work at all in this area.

Does this app also have that restriction?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers