Is it legal to provide drone services for free?

Reaction score
Is it legal for me to provide someone with drone footage at no charge?

I know the FAA is going to sort this out over the next few months. In the meantime I just want to stay on my client's radar when it comes to providing drone services. I feel like I'm missing out on potential business.

I do real broadcast television production by the way... I'm not a 13 year old kid with a drone and a dream... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Still need the 333 Exemption I believe. Not sure though..

Since you're using the term "client", I'm assuming one of you will be using this footage to make money. If that's the case, then you'll need a 333 exemption in order to do it legally.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks for the quick replies. Sorry if this sounds ignorant, but would I still need a pilot's license along with the 333 exemption?

You'll need pilot license in order to use your exemption.

Does anyone know once 107 comes out if it will go into effect immediately/what will happen to the existing 333's? Sorry to go a bit off topic but seems the answer could be useful for @butcharuski in deciding if he should go for the 333 or not.

Jesus, what bureaucrats! Just give him the footage and if someone asks he should say he downloaded from the internet. I really don't understand. You live in a country where your food is 90% genetically modified and you don't know what the hell you are eating and where it's coming from, and at the same time they are worrying where the footage is coming from!!!!!

I really don't understand.
The OP is asking how to operate legally/ethically. I'm sure he can figure out a bunch of ways to break the law on his own though ;)

I don't think there will be much money to make in this field once commercial flight is authorized (meaning not having a pilots license to fly for profit). This field is saturated with pilots.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl