Is gimbal disconnect a firmware glitch?

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Purchased a pro 3 and software was out of date so undertook the firmware / calibration watched a thousand flights and tutorials etc and then noticed gimbal disconnect message

I have live feed and gimbal is fully controllable, however when i press record button the footage is choppy and unusable

Ive never crashed and have tried a million fixes from all over the internet

Is this a firmware issue and i need to wait for a new firmware update, or shall i change the gimbal ribbon cable? I am sure ive read that there is a new firmware release that addresses this issue, anyone else aware of this?

So frustrated to be grounded, so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks, and i have to say that finding this site has been so very helpful as a new p3p owner and the advice / tips have been absolutely invaluable .

Happy and safe flying

when i press record button the footage is choppy and unusable
Are you referring to the footage in DJI GO or when you're playing back the recorded video file?

Hi msinger

Many thanks for responding

Yes the shot footage is absolutely unusable

Regards

Did you copy the video files from the Phantom's memory card to your computer before attempting to play them? If they still don't play smoothly at that point, then either your computer is too slow or you're experiencing some type of issue with the program you're using to play the video files.

Im using a octacore 1.3ghz 3gig ram samsung galaxy tab S2 4g and wifi LTE. Hasb2 gig of ram and only program on tab is the dji app, so im happy i have the ability 2 save and use vids.

Well heres an update after 3 weeks grounded

I read somewhere today that the gimbal disconect was an issue that had been sorrted with the latest version of the APP, released 1st week Nov 2017. Found it out on the day my new gimbal ribbon arrived!

Reinstalled the app and gimbal warning has disappeared

Have adjusted my camera settings and early test flight suggests the issue is now resolved. Off out for an afternoon flight tomorrow so will update and upload footage accordingly.

Was alao recording to PAL? (Doh!)

Safe flying and thanks for your assistance

Many thanks

So ran a couple of batteries off round a local folly. Gutted to discover the footage was really terrible.

Sd Card is my next option. Discover a 32gig series 1 in the bird so have swapped it with a 16g series 3. I think i may have swapped them to extend memory of bird, turns out this probably the issue all alomg amd ive linked the gimbal disconnect with this issue, when it would appear that the sd card has been issue all along

Heres hoping for some good footage tomorrow
Will let u know

Thanks

Well, im flummoxed. Despite everything the video is still useless. If i use a screen recorder everhthing is fine. Any ideas ?

Yes i have replaced usb too if i download the footage from my drone it shows in my camera reel with original stamped on it. This footage is then useable and has recorded perfectly. If i playback in the app, again it plays perefctly.
When i usethe files recorded directly to my tablets camera reel, these r chppy amd stalling Is there a way to record footage directly to sd card on tablet ???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic