Is anyone actually happy with their P4P??

I love mine sooooooo much just having trouble finding a device that will handle the 4K download and edit it

I love mine sooooooo much just having trouble finding a device that will handle the 4K download and edit it
If you are using HEVC H265 encoding than yes you will have a hard time (though this is as much software optimization as it is hardware). I am stalled with Apple because of their refusal to add it to FCP or even support it in the OS. Meanwhile a cheap W10 laptop with Kaby Lake and integrated graphics plays and edit it just fine.

Reactions: Mac Drone
If you are using HEVC H265 encoding than yes you will have a hard time (though this is as much software optimization as it is hardware). I am stalled with Apple because of their refusal to add it to FCP or even support it in the OS. Meanwhile a cheap W10 laptop with Kaby Lake and integrated graphics plays and edit it just fine.
Thanks

Can u explain the difference between the 2 settings
h264 is a tried and true codec supported by everything but not optimized to handle new color depths (HDR) and higher resolutions (4k++) so you get truly large files and unsustainable IO speeds. h265 is optimized but only works for the newest CPU/GPU chipsets but keeps the bitrate lower while increasing color and resolution scaling capabilities. The only main video editing platform that supports h265 is Adobe PP in the Cloud which is $20/month. I'd prefer not to subscribe given I already bought into FCP which works great for everything but h265. I bought Cyberlink cheap editing software and a i57200U series W10 laptop which supports it natively in software and hardware. The telling point for me was when my Samsung UHD BluRay player could play my NX500 HEVC(h265) videos flawlessly but a 3k iMac could not.
Another example of Apple falling behind for no reason.

Online editing of 100 Mb/s 4K H.265 is going to be a challenge for anything short of a full-on workstation. What works well for me is transcoding to ProRes proxy files and editing offline, very easy to do in PP. No quality loss since the original H.265 files are used when rendering final output.

h264 is a tried and true codec supported by everything but not optimized to handle new color depths (HDR) and higher resolutions (4k++) so you get truly large files and unsustainable IO speeds. h265 is optimized but only works for the newest CPU/GPU chipsets but keeps the bitrate lower while increasing color and resolution scaling capabilities. The only main video editing platform that supports h265 is Adobe PP in the Cloud which is $20/month. I'd prefer not to subscribe given I already bought into FCP which works great for everything but h265. I bought Cyberlink cheap editing software and a i57200U series W10 laptop which supports it natively in software and hardware. The telling point for me was when my Samsung UHD BluRay player could play my NX500 HEVC(h265) videos flawlessly but a 3k iMac could not.
I appreciate you info, but my question was about what megahertz setting to set the controler on. Is it 2.8 or 5.8? Is 5.8 better? does the bird fly farther?

I appreciate you info, but my question was about what megahertz setting to set the controler on. Is it 2.8 or 5.8? Is 5.8 better? does the bird fly farther?
My apologies. I believe every other post I've seen is to use 2.4 GHz as the range is much greater (up to 4 miles I believe). This accords with physics as well as a lower frequency should travel further.

My apologies. I believe every other post I've seen is to use 2.4 GHz as the range is much greater (up to 4 miles I believe). This accords with physics as well as a lower frequency should travel further.
That is true if all things are equal, but alas they seldom are. Very often the noise floor on the very crowded 2.4 GHz ISM band will be much higher than 5.8, negating the path loss advantage and in resulting the higher frequency being more usable.

P4P is a breakthrough in the Phantom line of drones and its image quality is amazing, if you know when to shoot, where to shoot, what to shoot and how. Too cheap for what it offers

Στάλθηκε από το 5095K μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Y'all scaring a brother. I'm buying mine next week. I hope it works good. I passed up on a Mavic Pro to buy the P4P.

I used to have a 2+ and had so many bad experiences and stopped flying. I got the 4Pro + 3 weeks ago and have found it to be amazing. I have found it very important to become very familiar with the software and flying the drone. I have used beginner mode for several hours and recently switched it off. This is the time to be very careful because the drone becomes very sensitive to small movements of the controls and the speed increases remarkably. Even though I though I had studied enough it took one minor crash for me to get acquainted with this and realize that the latter sensors are pretty useless. Good advice : Rely on your trained skills. DO NOT rely on sensor protection.

man the p4p rocks! think about all this great technology that never even existed a few years ago, yet alone to make it fool proof enough for the consumer level. we should never get jaded about what we think we deserve. while not perfect, it just keeps getting better.

It held up against rain/hail for about two minutes, and it surprisingly survived. As for the R/C, only the hdmi module was semi damaged. It was still a success. The p4p is resilient and versatile.

Would you happen to have a link where I could purchase a laptop like the one you described ? Would be great sense I know this works for you. Thanks

Would you happen to have a link where I could purchase a laptop like the one you described ? Would be great sense I know this works for you. Thanks
Micro Center - Computers and Electronics
This is what I bought. I swapped in a m.2 SATA SSD and added 4 GB RAM. It seems fine for very simple editing clips. I hope that Apple will come to their senses and I can use my 2016 MBP to edit.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT