iPad mini / tablet controller mount I'm using

Reaction score
Like many others, I was looking for a way to secure a larger device (for me an iPad Mini 2) in the Standard controller clip. I wanted to share what I'm experimenting with right now.

The quick description is I purchased a magnetic mount off Amazon. I spun the mount plate off the magnet, and took the controller clip off. I pressed the controller ball into the magnet female end and used the controller nut to secure the assembly. The controller ball is slightly larger than the one with the mount, but it will fit, and you need to use the controller / white nut to secure the assembly. Adhere the attachment plate that comes with the magnet to the tablet. Done!

It seems pretty secure. Don't go thrashing it around though! Less than $10 and about 3 minutes later, here's what you get. Your mileage may vary...

Attachments

• IMG_3510.JPG
    IMG_3510.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 453
  • IMG_3511.JPG
    IMG_3511.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 482
  • IMG_3512.JPG
    IMG_3512.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 430
  • IMG_3513.JPG
    IMG_3513.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 449
  • IMG_3514.JPG
    IMG_3514.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 415
  • IMG_3515.JPG
    IMG_3515.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 474
  • IMG_3516.JPG
    IMG_3516.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 370
I have made one of a threaded rod, opened the remote and drilled through it and secured with a pair of nuts. I dont need to see the joystick and control lamps when i fly.works great for me, and at almost no cost.
IMG_1654.JPG
IMG_1656.JPG
IMG_1655.JPG

Like many others, I was looking for a way to secure a larger device (for me an iPad Mini 2) in the Standard controller clip. I wanted to share what I'm experimenting with right now.

The quick description is I purchased a magnetic mount off Amazon. I spun the mount plate off the magnet, and took the controller clip off. I pressed the controller ball into the magnet female end and used the controller nut to secure the assembly. The controller ball is slightly larger than the one with the mount, but it will fit, and you need to use the controller / white nut to secure the assembly. Adhere the attachment plate that comes with the magnet to the tablet. Done!

It seems pretty secure. Don't go thrashing it around though! Less than $10 and about 3 minutes later, here's what you get. Your mileage may vary...

Link to the product?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers