ipad mini 4 or nvidia k1

Reaction score
Which one should I get? both come highly rated on the boards as the best tablets. And the more I read you don't want to use a slow tablet because it creates lag in the video feed. What do you use and what are the pros and cons of each? If I get a ipad mini it wont be cellular just wifi so it won't have gps. If you use something else please let me know. Thanks

I use an I-Pad mini 4 WIFI only I do not have any issues with DJI GO nor Litchi. You must remember to Cache you maps when you are connected to WIFI;

Reactions: SCGENE
One advantage of the K1 is that you can get HDMI out, without having to buy the DJI module...(It's also a lot cheaper than iPad Mini 4)

The K1 also has gps and glonass. Just ordered one myself yesterday. If you go with apple you could always use a Garmin glo. It's gps through Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I just got the K1 (to replace a Note 4); for the price, features and functionality, its a no-brainer.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Both devices will work well. Go with the operating system that you're most comfortable using.

FYI, only the iPad will provide you with 2X lossless zoom while recording in 1080P. Zooming in to see something while flying is a nice option so you can see things better from a distance. DJI GO only offers this feature with iOS for some reason. I'm wondering why it hasn't been released for Android yet.

FYI, only the iPad will provide you with 2X lossless zoom while recording in 1080P. Zooming in to see something while flying is a nice option so you can see things better from a distance. DJI GO only offers this feature with iOS for some reason. I'm wondering why it hasn't been released for Android yet.

How do you zoom while filming ?
I've an IPad mini 4 and didn't see any zoom command.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

How do you zoom while filming ?
I've an IPad mini 4 and didn't see any zoom command.

When shooting in 1080P just pinch and spread your fingers on the screen. Spread fingers to zoom in and pinch to zoom out. This isn't in the manual anywhere, I assume because it's not available on Android yet.

I tried many tablets including air 1 and 2,I can assure you that the nvidia shield k1 for me is the best tablet I have seen so far.

I haven't been able to get the HDMI output from my new shield k1 tablet to work. I think it may be the weird size, its operating at 1280x800 rather than 1280x720, so my goggles don't recognize the output. I'm using fat shark transformers. Any of you genius users know how to get HDMI from the K1 to work with transformers?

The zoom is now available on Android with the GO4 app

With last GO4 iOS I'm able to use the zoom while recording at 3072. This is great and I think it's new.

@John Locke would you please detail how do you pinch iPad's display to engage the zoom while recording ? I've tryed it right now in all kind of recording moduses from 720p to 4K and the feature seems not to exist. Are you sure its GO and not GO4 ? I see you have GO v2.8.3. Mine is v3.1.5

@John Locke would you please detail how do you pinch iPad's display to engage the zoom while recording ? I've tryed it right now in all kind of recording moduses from 720p to 4K and the feature seems not to exist. Are you sure its GO and not GO4 ? I see you have GO v2.8.3. Mine is v3.1.5

They are posting in the P4 Forum so it's the GO4 they are talking about. Your sig says you have a P3P.

I haven't been able to get the HDMI output from my new shield k1 tablet to work. I think it may be the weird size, its operating at 1280x800 rather than 1280x720, so my goggles don't recognize the output. I'm using fat shark transformers. Any of you genius users know how to get HDMI from the K1 to work with transformers?

Are the goggles recognized by the. K1 when you plug in the HDMI cable ?
Shield Console should pop up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic