IPad Air 2 wifi + cellular

Reaction score
So looking at a iPad Air 2 wifi + cellular so it will have gps not planing on using the cellular part of it.
Does size really matter 16gb 32,64 etc guess it just depends how many videos or pics you save.

What's your input on this ?
Thank you. Newbie P4

Does size really matter 16gb 32,64 etc guess it just depends how many videos or pics you save.
If you're not caching video on the iPad Air 2, then all of the video and photos will be stored on the memory card. If you're only going to be using the iPad Air 2 to fly your Phantom, then a 16GB will be good enough.

Reactions: socalvn
Well I ended up going Android I think a iPad would be better for the drone but the price suede me

I am new to drone life and I'm waiting for the p3 pro to arrive, I'm also looking at the ipad air2.
I've read get it with cellular and also get it without.

what would the benefits be to getting cellular.
Thanks

what would the benefits be to getting cellular
The device will have a GPS receiver. That means you could use the Follow Me feature or manually reset the home point to your current location after taking off. If the cellular service is activated, you could download maps when out flying or live stream to Facebook/YouTube.

The device will have a GPS receiver. That means you could use the Follow Me feature or manually reset the home point to your current location after taking off. If the cellular service is activated, you could download maps when out flying or live stream to Facebook/YouTube.

Thanks for that

Use air2 with gps, don't need the cellular, hotspot with the phone if need to download some maps, etc. if not done before leaving home. Only complaint is screen glare, had to custom make a sun shield from two large ones, like a foldable box, with hand slot for screen and tapers forward viewer. Also modified tablet mount to allow air2 with outterback still on. I don't mind the weight. The added adjustment bolt is larger for more grip, and back stop bolt tapped into the tablet bracket. See pic.
b1a41a5f4f24b5b99cbdc2d305995691.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj