iOS Go App 2.7.2 is out!

Doing that old familiar shuffle...
three_steps_forward_two_back_anim_9964.gif

I Still think they @dji are stumbling through some aspects of these recent Go app and firmware updates. Not sure why?

RedHotPoker

this one might be to streamline, if its only calculating a percentage based on number of battery discharges? Or is it measuring something tangible maybe when the batteries are calibrated every 20 cycles? i thought it was a fairly "dumb" calculation but maybe i'm wrong.

If you only hovered in one spot for 20 + minutes, or always flew hard and fast for 15 minutes, should make a significant difference in battery use and life. Some of us are also of the belief to do soft breaking in with these intelligent flight batteries and deep cycling them at 20 charge intervals. So being able to monitor relative battery life is an important feature. YMMV.

RedHotPoker

Noticed today that I have to select my Phantom 4 from the list every time I leave the screen. It defaults to the P3 Standard now. And my max altitude shows a whopping 14,000 plus. I assure everyone I did not reach that altitude. Not even above sea level.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Trying to do the RC update but it's not detecting it, I have everything fired up. Any suggestions?

What versions are yours, check About info in the Go app to see, what yours are showing now?

RedHotPoker

Yeah, I can clearly see & define what your issue or problem must be.
It's because You are already uptodate on the RC. ;-)
Good luck fixing that. Hahaha

But the Go app was updated to 2.7.2 yesterday. Download that and you are home free...
Then Go on, fly, and be one with the cloud... Ha

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Ahhhhhhh, sorry about that. It's all exciting and new. It's the Go App I need to update.

Yup, that takes 1-2 minutes.
Then you can breathe a loud sigh of relief.

Hope you haven't been unnecessarily held up too long. ;-)

Ok now exhale... Ahhh. Haha

RedHotPoker

Thanks for the help Red. I have atrocious internet, it's been updating for 10 minutes and not half done yet, patience.

That's kind of odd, flew with the new app yesterday and didn't even realize it was new. I have automatic updates turned on for my iPad. Looked back in the AppStore and it did update.

Yeah, some guys have purposely turned Auto Update off, in fear of getting a rogue app. Haha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thanks for the help Red. I have atrocious internet, it's been updating for 10 minutes and not half done yet, patience.
Yeah, the App should load quite rapidly. It's usually the Apple iOS updates that seem to lag for me. Atleast on the Air 2 all of my updates are pretty quick to finish.
If your flights are already sent to the cloud, you can also simply delete and reinstall the Go app.

RedHotPoker

So any good new changes that it is now updated? Anyone compare the new flight logs to old yet?
I am going flying in a short while, and will report back later on this evening. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Do you Use the onboard SIM much?
It's a nice way to relax, and enjoy these toys while indoors...
& more Practice using the various controls. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Just checked my flight list with the new App and apparently my Top Altitude was 5101.2 ft when I have never flown over the 400 ft limit.

Sounds like many of us here, will be breaking world records then. Hahaha
Probably best to stay within your regular comfort zone, yeah well temporarily at least. ;-)

RedHotPoker

. I have atrocious internet, it's been updating for 10 minutes and not half done yet, patience.

Aha, not just me then. 20 minutes here. Bloody steam powered internet :rolleyes:.

By the way, I'm liking the look of the updated APP, I don't like change as a rule because I'm an old fart and easily confused. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20