Invert Camera Tilt?

Reaction score
Is it possible to invert the camera tilt wheel? For some reason I can't wrap my head around the directions that it has us spin by default, I ALWAYS go the wrong direction.

Reactions: Tomas Wangen
I do it too.

There is no SW parameter to reverse it. One may possibly need to reverse the potentiometer connections internally.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Personally I despise the tilt wheel.... After using sliders on the sides of Futaba, HiTec and JR transmitters to control the tilt, the DJI Tx tilt wheel is very inferior... and yes, even after a couple years I have to make an effort not to tilt the wrong way.

With a slider you just move it to the position you want and boom, you are there... no over running the horizon too far etc. Ez peezy. I don't know for the life of me why they use a tilt wheel...

Personally I despise the tilt wheel.... After using sliders ....

With a slider you just move it to the position you want and boom, you are there... no over running the horizon too far etc. Ez peezy. I don't know for the life of me why they use a tilt wheel...

I've never had a problem with the wheel, I actually kinda like it, but I haven't used a straight slider. I came from using the Yuneec rotating slider, which is more crude movements, not as smooth the DJI wheel IMO. The DJI wheel is non linear, providing the ability to pitch the camera ever so slightly for more cinematic motions, which isn't possible with the Yuneec slider which is linear in actuation. Also, the gimbal pitch smoothing option in DJI GO is very handy, check that out, if you haven't yet.

If you haven't been able to remember the direction, just give yourself more time. It sounds like you have been conditioned from another controller and need time to migrate to a new setup.

It's simple to remember:

Pull wheel down = points camera down
Push up = points up

Short version:
Down = down
Up = up

It's just another option, but you can touch the screen and use you finger to adjust the camera up/down.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I really don't understand why DJI still didn't include the option to choose the tilt direction of the wheel in the software. You can customize all controls, but not this one!! Having to open the remote to mod the hardware is ridiculous!! I had to do it with my Inspire!! I didn't do that to my P4 yet, hoping to this option in the new version of the app, but seems that some people at DJI just don't listen to they customers!!

I've never had a problem with the wheel, I actually kinda like it, but I haven't used a straight slider. I came from using the Yuneec rotating slider, which is more crude movements, not as smooth the DJI wheel IMO. The DJI wheel is non linear, providing the ability to pitch the camera ever so slightly for more cinematic motions, which isn't possible with the Yuneec slider which is linear in actuation. Also, the gimbal pitch smoothing option in DJI GO is very handy, check that out, if you haven't yet.

If you haven't been able to remember the direction, just give yourself more time. It sounds like you have been conditioned from another controller and need time to migrate to a new setup.

It's simple to remember:

Pull wheel down = points camera down
Push up = points up

Short version:
Down = down
Up = up

I don't think it's that easy given the remote is horizontal. Not much distinction down vs up. I get your idea though. I think "push up" because you push with your finger and just know the other way is not up ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31