Invalid SD card

Reaction score
Executive summary: P3S can NOT use SDXC cards. P3S only supports up to and including SDHC.

Hope this helps others who are likely having the same problem I've had. I have a P3S. Attempted to use a SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-I 64 GB.P3S can NOT use SDXC cards.Yes according the P3S manual it should work, but it does NOT work.

Events
New card out of packaging, P3S says invalid. Placed card in DSLR camera, works. Placed card in digital video camera it works. Format card using DSLR, in P3S does not work. Format card in digital video camera, in P3C does not work. Format card in Windows 8.1 exFAT 128k allocation units, P3S does not work. Format card in Window 8.1 exFAT 4096 allocation units, P3S does not work.

Call Dji, half hour later conversation ends with "Dji does not support 3rd party products." WTF!!!! Ok, kept my cool and asked if they could sell me a supported SD card. Response "Dji does not sell memory cards." WTF!!! Ok, not worth getting worked up over. Chalk it up to another company with lousy customer service.

Purchased microSDHC UHS-I 32 GB. Guess what? It works!! Bottom line whoever wrote the Phantom 3 Standard manual did a bad job, whoever proof read the manual did a bad job. And technical support doesn't have a clue.

Did I say I was frustrate? Ok, take a deep breath but I will recommend anyone thinking about buying a Phantom 3 might want to reconsider.

Not questioning anything you said. Except you don't mention formatting the card with the GO App. It probably won't change anything, but let us know. I've bought several SanDisk cards at Costco, and they've been fine.

Executive summary: P3S can NOT use SDXC cards. P3S only supports up to and including SDHC.

Hope this helps others who are likely having the same problem I've had. I have a P3S. Attempted to use a SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-I 64 GB.P3S can NOT use SDXC cards.Yes according the P3S manual it should work, but it does NOT work.
Yes it can but not every single one of them. I'm using these 2 64GB SDXC cards and they work great in my P3S: Sony (SR64UY2A/TQ) and Samsung Evo+ (MB-MC64DA/AM). I know they work for other members here too.

v8juice, my card is a Samsung Model: MB-MP32D, Model code: MB-MP32DAE/WMT. On package it is marked as UHS-1 and Class 10.

SouthernPhantom, My P3S says invalid card when I attempt to format in units. Your Costco cards, are the SDXC or SDHC?

Mandalay, glad yours are working for you. So maybe my summary is wrong. It would be nice if Dji started a data base of which cards are problematic in their products so users could avoid those cards.

I bought the 64GB SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC and it works great. However, I have two of them. One wouldn't format on the PS3, but works just find in the NVidia Shield K1. This same 64GB card works just fine in my P3A, too. Formatting SD cards on the P3S is hit or miss.

Edit -

I should add the following:

The 64GB SDXC card that works has the following model #: SDSDQUAN-064G-G4A [Newest Version] -- bought back in December 2014

The 64GB SDXC card that didn't format had this model #: (SDSQUNC-064G-GN6MA) - bought in November 2015

Last edited:
It would be nice if Dji started a data base of which cards are problematic in their products so users could avoid those cards.
I agree; it would be nice. I had to return Sandisk Ultra (SDSQUNC-064G-GN6MA) and Silicon Power (SP064GBSTXBU1V20SP) cards since they were reported as invalid by DJI Go app. What a waste of time.

v8juice, my card is a Samsung Model: MB-MP32D, Model code: MB-MP32DAE/WMT. On package it is marked as UHS-1 and Class 10.

SouthernPhantom, My P3S says invalid card when I attempt to format in units. Your Costco cards, are the SDXC or SDHC?

Mandalay, glad yours are working for you. So maybe my summary is wrong. It would be nice if Dji started a data base of which cards are problematic in their products so users could avoid those cards.
I am wrong . I thought you had a Sandisk, my bad. I have the same card that came with my P3S but its a 32 gb card and it doesn't work in it.

I had the exact same problem with the SDSQUNC-064G-GN6MA. Tried every way possible to format it. Would work in every other device except the P3S. Would not format in the GoApp.

Just bought a SDSQXNE-64G-GN6MA (supposedly newer version). We'll see how that does. (Arrives via Amazon on Friday).

Good to learn it wasn't me. Thought I was losing it.

Horizon Nano QX
Symantec X5C-1
P3S

I am having the same issues with a 64GB SanDisk micro sd xc ultra card. Is it possible that it could be fixed with a DJI firmware update for the camera it self???

I am having the same issues with a 64GB SanDisk micro sd xc ultra card. Is it possible that it could be fixed with a DJI firmware update for the camera it self???
Nobody knows this answer. But I doubt they'll do anything about it. I would return it if possible and get a known working card like the ones I posted in this thread.

I bought the SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I (SDSQUNC-064G-GN6MA) a few weeks ago on amazon and works great.
I tried to buy the 32GB version to use between the P3S and Insignia tablet that plays 2.7K video directly and no bueno, P3S wont recognize it.
Sent it back and ordered SanDisk Extreme 32GB microSDHC UHS-1 Card with Adapter (SDSQXNE-032G-GN6MA)

Gets here today, fingers crossed it works.

How did you format the card? Did you take it straight out of the package and right into the P3S camera sd port and format it that way?

I just gave up and ordered this one that is supposed to work...
9590f5950097844d40582e2314f13b81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

How did you format the card? Did you take it straight out of the package and right into the P3S camera sd port and format it that way?

I just gave up and ordered this one that is supposed to work...
9590f5950097844d40582e2314f13b81.jpg

Yep, straight from the package to the P3S. Seems to be very inconsistent. I tried a 32 GB that someone said worked and got no where. so I ordered a different one and I'll test it today.
Here is the 64 I ordered- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010Q588D4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01

yup thats the same exact one but I think instead of puting mine straight into the p3s camera I tried formatting from my macbook first... Maybe thats where I fell victim?...

I'm using a SanDisk MicroSDXC Extreme PRO 64GB. Haven't had any problems with it at all.

Formatted it in the bird through the app.

Reactions: Maverick81
Hey peeps first post.
I have had this issue as well. Bought a Sony 32gig
With specs that on paper were compatible with no luck. Formatted with Mac,pc, phone, sdformatter.org. And no go. Took it to Best Buy geek squad tried formatting and rewriting the partition. No luck. Were nice and let me return it. I got the 64gig Samsung Evo+ like the one stated above and worked right out of the box. No formatting needed, good luck. This does get frustrating.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 656
I originally had a SanDisk Extreme Plus. Was working for a few weeks then all of a sudden.... died. So I went to a Samsung Pro+ and have not had any problems. It worked without formatting. However I ended up formatting it anyways. Seems like SanDisk have been failing more so than others. To me it seems like Samsungs make a dam good card. The Evo+ was my second choice. But paying $30 for a 64gb Pro+ was too good of a deal to pass up.

I posted this in another thread but here it is again.

On my third micro sd 64gb card and none of them have worked. This particular time I went and bought a Kingston 64gb class 10 uhs 1 48 speed . It still says invalid card. I also formatted ntfs and popped it in gimbal tried format got invalid sd card. Tried formatting with guiformat.exe and it still gives me a error. Any suggestions?

Top left card is one I had in my Note 4 and it works!
Top right card is the one it came with works (of course)
Bottom left card is one i bought today and it doesn't work
Bottom right card is out of my wife's Samsung Tab Pro S 10.5 doesn't work. Ugh

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31