Free micro SD card recoverer for your bird.

Reaction score
The recommended micro SD cards for DJI drones are not cheap and if you have lots of batteries and or more than one drone you need a big one.
I pulled a 64 Gb one from a M2 Zoom the other day and found it was corrupt. Neither a Mac, Windows or Android OS could even see the SD card.
I was about to shed out $70 Au for a good one when I searched and came across this freebie.
Downloaded it, ran it, stuck my card in the Mac and the software saw it immediately and let me format the old card and saved me shekels.
Thought I would post to share and incase there are others with a similar issue with the new Mavics
Enjoy
Using SD Formatter Tool to restore full capacity on SDHC/SDXC cards
Takes you to this
SD Memory Card Formatter 5.0 for SD/SDHC/SDXC
Don’t you like free stuff that works every time?

Reactions: AnchorageAk
The recommended micro SD cards for DJI drones are not cheap and if you have lots of batteries and or more than one drone you need a big one.
That's a common assumption but if you value your work, using multiple smaller cards makes a lot more sense than sending your work out flying again (and again etc).

That's a common assumption but if you value your work, using multiple smaller cards makes a lot more sense than sending your work out flying again (and again etc).
I swap out the card with each battery. I spend a little extra time on the ground but it's worth it.

Reactions: hms
I pulled a 64 Gb one from a M2 Zoom the other day and found it was corrupt. Neither a Mac, Windows or Android OS could even see the SD card.
I was about to shed out $70 Au for a good one when I searched and came across this freebie.
Downloaded it, ran it, stuck my card in the Mac and the software saw it immediately and let me format the old card and saved me shekels.
Thought I would post to share and incase there are others with a similar issue with the new Mavics
Enjoy
Takes you to this

Thanks for the links. I hope I never need them, but I've bookmarked them anyways.

Personally, I fly a fresh card with every new battery. I also wouldn't rely on your repaired card for anything you care about deeply.

Off topic here but I was wondering if anyone could tell me why I can only see the couple of still shots I've taken and the 20 minutes of video doesn't play at all on my 4K HDTV, it's happened on 3 or 4 different sd cards. Just see the stills and no video. I feel that I'm missing a very basic step on one end of things?

Reactions: Squirrel!
Off topic here but I was wondering if anyone could tell me why I can only see the couple of still shots I've taken and the 20 minutes of video doesn't play at all on my 4K HDTV, it's happened on 3 or 4 different sd cards. Just see the stills and no video. I feel that I'm missing a very basic step on one end of things?
Are you stopping the videoing before you power down the drone?
You need to stop recording for the file to be closed off properly.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I thought the same FL_Mike and Don Fitger until this happened.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I only had a few minutes before mother and calf shot off and I ran out of card memory. Now I like the flexibility of a few 32 and a 64 just in case.
It's whale migration season again here in Perth and with a spanking new P4P and M2 zoom, lots of cards and batteries I am ready.
Will post soon.

I only had a few minutes before mother and calf shot off and I ran out of card memory. Now I like the flexibility of a few 32 and a 64 just in case.
You can't fill a 16GB card even if you video continuously in 4K.
Swap cards with each battery and you'll always have enough capacity.

btw ... those aren't Humpback whales .. they're Southern right whales

You maybe right Meta4 but Western Australians know Humpbacks migrate along the West Australian coast. So everyone assumes they are. It seems that there are some Southern right whales as well.
Quality cards very rarely fail. I am happy with 32 and 64 a nice balance for me.

Thanks for the reply Meta4, I’m pretty sure that I shut the video down when I’ve landed plus I get the video on my iPad when I am done flying. Looking at this makes me think my so-called Smart TV isn’t reading my cards properly. I’ll try a different method, I can’t think of anything that I’ve got on hand that would play 4K.

EXACTLY how I do it. I use multiple 16GB cards, U3, class 10...They cost about 10 bucks Is what I think I paid.

Does it work on an iMac?

Enjoy
Takes you to this

Enjoy
Takes you to this
Good to know. Happened to me a few months ago. No luck and I wound up going back the taking the video all over, and it wasn't as good. This will come in handy.

All of the advice above is valid, however, it might not be your SD card. Supposedly my Samsung TV is a ultra hi def, and it has a "Hub" w/USB 2.0 ports. First, check for updates using the menu function (see below). There is a USB 3.0 Port above the Hub plug in labeled "TV Camera". Use that first. I have another one (hubless) in the spare bedroom. When my vids did not display on it I checked for updates in the menu, it displayed "latest update installed". I called Samsung tech spt, and w/in minutes, this tech downloaded a new firmware, and now all of my UHD vids display. (FWIW)

I thought the same FL_Mike and Don Fitger until this happened.

It's whale migration season again here in Perth and with a spanking new P4P and M2 zoom, lots of cards and batteries I am ready.
Will post soon.
Great video. I work with disabled children, these type of videos sometimes help redirect them and make for a better day for them. This will definitly be shown thanks.

---Also, I ALWAYS format my known good SD card in the Drone I'm using it in at the time of startup (P3P, P4P, Mavic 2 Zoom). That drone will format the SD card to the liking of it's circuitry. If the SD card is defective, it will prompt you.

Enjoy
Takes you to this
thank you John !!

goinup is on the right track. Many standard video players (software) won't display 4K, Windows Media Player included. Windows 10 uses a program called "Movies & TV" (or something like that) and it will play 4K. I don't think the SD card is the issue in other words.

Perhaps it is the format that you are saving it in and the tv can't read it.Mp4 or Mov..pal or that other one.Check those settings see what your tv will run.

I reformat cards in the drone also, because it recommends I do so, the 64 card as well, after the recovery software.
They are Southern Right whales Meta4m only they come close to the coast after calving. Humpbacks although in the great majority on the WA coast do not generally come near the coast unless they are sick. There are 30,000 Humpbacks migrating to feeding grounds in the Antarctic this time of year. Charted boats will not allow a drone take off but a neighbour of mine has agreed to take me out in his boat. How exciting is that. Going to use P4P V2 and for close ups the M2Zoom.
I have made the correction on the video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.