Introducing the Hover Camera Drone. Modern Day Titanic Stabilization Disaster.

$500. Seriously? Comparing this to the P3S (same cost) is like comparing an Audi to a Stagecoach. No thanks.

IMO Beginner quad. Something for preteens and teens to use to take selfies for facebook, Not really a quad for hobbyists to take seriously.
That is really the point to the Hover drone. It is a great way to get started on flying UAVs without the stress of having to learn so much on this.

Lots of demands on the Hover to fly. A flying milk crate? Perhaps but I would not want to rely on it for my cereal.

Just seems a bit pricy for a design that looks like it was 3D printed to hold crayons. Why enclose the props with all that plastic? You're losing a lot of functionality (lift and aerodynamics) that way.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Its basically a knock off Bebop 1 if you leave off the follow me mode and has crappier range and camera.

There are many drone models out there, and probably more to come, in wild shapes and sizes.

And guys at @We Talk UAV, I thank you for reminding us on the PhantomPilots Forum of the numerous aspects of the drone industry by sharing some of the industry's offerings......no matter how strangely they are designed. That Hover quad was 'different'.

There are many drone models out there, and probably more to come, in wild shapes and sizes.

And guys at @We Talk UAV, I thank you for reminding us on the PhantomPilots Forum of the numerous aspects of the drone industry by sharing some of the industry's offerings......no matter how strangely they are designed. That Hover quad was 'different'.

Indeed, that's a good and bad thing though, good because a lot of the knock offs are cheap but bad because a lot of the knock offs are cheaply made or don't work correctly and then people crash and get out of the hobby out of frustration. I wonder when or if we will ever see the market thin out where there's only a few manufactures of quads.

Hard to say. I've seen posts on here from pilots who have graduated from smaller quads and R/C aircraft to the Phantom. And then those who buy a Phantom first.....unbox it.....and then crash it........then join the Forum and their first post is....'why did my Phantom crash?'

I think those who are serious about the hobby can shape the future of quads and public perception in a positive way. At least I hope so. And companies like DJI and Autel, etc seem to have the future in mind. Time will tell.

Hard to say. I've seen posts on here from pilots who have graduated from smaller quads and R/C aircraft to the Phantom. And then those who buy a Phantom first.....unbox it.....and then crash it........then join the Forum and their first post is....'why did my Phantom crash?'

I think those who are serious about the hobby can shape the future of quads and public perception in a positive way. At least I hope so. And companies like DJI and Autel, etc seem to have the future in mind. Time will tell.

Yeah I flew the chinese knock offs for years before I got a Phantom, its so much easier to fly its almost unreal lol.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Just caught an ad on tv about the Propel Orbit drone. Advertiser spokesmen were talking about flying it over homes, people, football games, and anywhere else, with no concern or mention of FAA Regs or safety concerns.

Scary stuff.

Just so you all know, I’ve used Hover Camera and it’s pretty decent product for a drone beginner like myself. The photo and video quality is good, and it’s really easy to control in the air. Currently the company is offering a discount for CES. .
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is what you call "good photo and video quality" ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.