Introducing Crystalsky, the new DJI tablet and best friend for your Phantom

The Mini 4 and iPadPro are brighter than their predecessors, approaching 500 nits, which is more than adequate, especially if flying from any shaded area, or under an umbrella. You can always throw black cloth over your head for perfect shading. Worked for all the photographers last century behind large format cameras!

Violates VLOS.

Reactions: Falcon900
If you buy the CrystalSky monitor, you are stuck with Android. DJI has proven that they cannot even create a reliable, dedicated Android app for their own hardware on the P4P+. End of any interest for me. DJI's iOS version has always been better and more reliable from Day 1. Nothing has changed. Buy a larger iPad Pro 9.7" instead! :cool:
This will still be nonsense no matter how many times you repeat it, but the lack of ability to run 3rd parts apps seems to be a critical limitation for professional use. I think it will really hurt sales.

Reactions: SteelFlyer
This will still be nonsense no matter how many times you repeat it, but the lack of ability to run 3rd parts apps seems to be a critical limitation for professional use. I think it will really hurt sales.
I personally believe DJI will validate various apps made for DJI craft and allow them to be loaded and operate in Crystal Sky devices. But I don't expect this for another year. This is only a gut feeling, based on nothing I've heard from anyone at DJI. It just makes sense to me that when these Crystal Sky displays start shipping and the s/w team gets time, DJI will surprise us. Enough customer pressure and lack of Crystal Sky sales will make this happen. With time they should to start supporting the third party developers that DJI has provided SDK's too, specifically to make the third party apps we have grown to love.

Crystalsky is a monitor I would appreciate. Using the iPhone it is not nearly as powerful as I needed it to be. Plus it overheated on occassion.

Who said it will be a 'glitch-o matic nightmare'? Why would I worry about editing or using it for media?
Its being marketed and sold as a 'monitor' to fly with that happens to be the first usable outdoor daylight monitor for a dji quad.
Its NOT being marketed, nor did DJI EVER say that it is a 'tablet' replacement. It is a tool that has a purpose....it is not a generic tablet like an ipad that can do a million things and oh yea, also be used as a middle of the road monitor.

Your argument makes no sense.....

Thank you, some people just don't understand, this is a monitor not a tablet. Monitors vs. Tablets have very specific purposes and I would not be interested if this device were a tablet and yes I have purchased the thousand dollar one for my inspire 2 (PRE ORDER).

All I'm interested in is if I can see the screen in direct sunlight,

If I can see the image in sunlight, I'll buy it

Loving my GJI goggles, but it does not give all the information and the top line of information is unreadable unless I strain my eyes up to read it

All I'm interested in is if I can see the screen in direct sunlight,

If I can see the image in sunlight, I'll buy it

Loving my GJI goggles, but it does not give all the information and the top line of information is unreadable unless I strain my eyes up to read it
I received an email this week that the smaller one is In Stock, I sent a mail the same day asking about the release date of the Ultrabrite and was told no ETA as of yet.

If I can see the view clearly in bright sunlight, I'd buy it in a minute.

I don't need other apps to use on the monitor, I am looking for the best non reflective picture; if it is as bright and clear as DJI advertises, I will be the first to place my order,

I can't see anything on my apple I Pad Mini in direct sunlight and I crashed my drone because I was wearing DJI Goggles and did not visualize the position of the drone when it hit the tree.

What a load of nonsense! How does the presence of invisible, not-running apps on your fully capable tablet "interfere" with drone operations?

Just wait until your internet connected Apple I Pad starts receiving an Apple update, taking over the tablet and rebooting while your drone is aimlessly flying around the sky.

Just wait until your internet connected Apple I Pad starts receiving an Apple update, taking over the tablet and rebooting while your drone is aimlessly flying around the sky.
I shut off automatic updates, and the only network that is unlocked around here are fast food and coffee joints which are no where near where I fly.
Bummer about your crash, I had a feeling DJI's service department would start getting really busy since they released their own googles.

I shut off automatic updates, and the only network that is unlocked around here are fast food and coffee joints which are no where near where I fly.
Bummer about your crash, I had a feeling DJI's service department would start getting really busy since they released their own googles.

I shut off updates as well, but somehow Apple has managed to up date my IPad Pro, I opened it one morning and it was updated while I was sleeping

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie