Introducing Crystalsky, the new DJI tablet and best friend for your Phantom

Reaction score
Of course it was showcased at CES2017 in Las Vegas. We had not heard about it since. Some of us may of forgotten about it. However, the FCC is another story. Fortunately, a release date is right around the corner.

537E8FC9A20F824BFABBD09EBAE68BBE.jpg

http://wetalkuav.com/dji-crystalsky-screen-shipping-soon/

Good find. It seems it is meant for the 'pro' birds ... those with a black controller. Saying this simply from the color scheme they chose. Unless a white version is available. All that aside, do we know how it compares against the P4P tablet? .. in terms of brightness/size/etc ?

Reactions: Ekki
Will be interesting to see what pricing is. Looks like there will be a 5.5 and a 7.8 in version.

Do you trust that dji is capable of making a tablet more powerful than an Apple product?

Not sure what you mean by that ... as we're truly comparing apples and oranges.

Apple makes tablets that do work with a multitude of APPs and as such, must have a 'plethora' of functionality.
On the other hand, DJI is making tablet that only needs to work with the DJI controllers. I have not seen (anywhere) that this is a 'full-fledged' tablet. As another forum member said, we need to wait until we get the true specs, then we can discuss/debate/decide.

I've seen another drone with 'built-in' tablet: The Yuneec Typhoon H. The tablet was android-based and personally, I was not too impressed. I'd rather they spent the R&D resources developing a better drone than wasting those resources on integrating a tablet ... we'll see what DJI comes up with.

Do you trust that it will be superior to an ipad?

I cannot sit here and speculate. Again, you're comparing apples and oranges.
I believe it'll be more 'robust' and better integrated with the various drones it is to work with.
The DJI tablet will serve ONE purpose only ... it is not fair to compare to an iPad ... mini, pro, or else.

Let's wait and see.

Actually we already have a prototype for 5.5 inch version of the DJI tablet on P4P. Yes it's significantly brighter than any other tablet in the market. Other than that I can't see any advantage of using this tablet. If I had the chance to go back I wouldn't buy P4P with integrated DJI tablet! But I would buy it, if integrated tablet was an iPad.

Yes, I trust the brightness/outdoor usability will be superior to an ipad.

Yeah, who cares if it will be a glitch-o-matic nightmare that you cant edit or effectively use for your media....that screen tho!

Reactions: AyeYo and OOO
Yeah, who cares if it will be a glitch-o-matic nightmare that you cant edit or effectively use for your media....that screen tho!

Who said it will be a 'glitch-o matic nightmare'? Why would I worry about editing or using it for media?
Its being marketed and sold as a 'monitor' to fly with that happens to be the first usable outdoor daylight monitor for a dji quad.
Its NOT being marketed, nor did DJI EVER say that it is a 'tablet' replacement. It is a tool that has a purpose....it is not a generic tablet like an ipad that can do a million things and oh yea, also be used as a middle of the road monitor.

Your argument makes no sense.....

Reactions: CnTheUSA
Do you trust that it will be superior to an ipad?
Other than the APP limitation, the P4P+ display is far brighter and more useful in sunlight than Apple products. Having said that, I think DJI needs to address the APP limitations for their proprietary display products that work with their drones.

People wake up and smell the roses. The Chrystal Sky monitor is just what it is, it's a monitor for use with your DJI drone. This monitor is not packed with other apps and their is no way to input other apps to my knowledge. I can't wait to be on the list to buy one for my inspire 2. This monitor is going to make my life with my drone so much easier. No more clutter of none dji apps to corrupt and interfere with the peaceful coexistence of drone and monitor. There is no doubt in my mind that some will try to hack this equipment and we'll hear the horror stories of their endeavors. I guess that what this forum is all about.
Can't wait and happy flying.

What does this offer that the (almost) ubiquitous iPad doesn't have? Can it run myriad other apps?

It's WAY brighter... Which is almost priceless... Probably means a hood is not needed, but we will see.

For me, I'd hope it can run Android apps, so I can also use it with my 3DR Solo.

It's WAY brighter... Which is almost priceless... Probably means a hood is not needed, but we will see.

For me, I'd hope it can run Android apps, so I can also use it with my 3DR Solo.
If this monitor is like the 5 inch monitor on the phantom 4 pro + your stuck with what you have and I'm liking it that way.

Reactions: DmaxSurveyor
...No more clutter of none dji apps to corrupt and interfere with the peaceful coexistence of drone and monitor.
What a load of nonsense! How does the presence of invisible, not-running apps on your fully capable tablet "interfere" with drone operations?

Reactions: HitFactor

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl