Internal Flat Antennas

Reaction score
I have a standard and have constant video loss. I do live in the suburbs so there's plenty of interference. So I opened the radio to check the wires. Can anyone tell me if the discoloration on these stock panels is normal?

Attachments

• IMG_20190105_185843.jpg
    IMG_20190105_185843.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 291
I have a standard and have constant video loss. I do live in the suburbs so there's plenty of interference. So I opened the radio to check the wires. Can anyone tell me if the discoloration on these stock panels is normal?
I've had my controller taken apart only once and I did not see that kind of discoloration on the 2.4G panels.

Yeah. I've been looking at the Argtek.
Still seems strange they'd look this way unless there is an underlying issue...

I don't think any harms been done...it might have been stamped or molded that way....like at the plant !
seems like a discoloration of some sort will it wipe off with 409 cleaner or Simple Green......RC works Ok don't it ?

BTW....is this a old RC or one with a active warranty ?

Yeah. I've been looking at the Argtek.
Still seems strange they'd look this way unless there is an underlying issue...

Blueproton Argtek or the 4Hawks ... I have both and the are brilliant, well worth the upgrade for signal strength assurance.

I doubt you have interference problems at least from residential WiFi sources. I have a wireless internet business running from my Ham radio tower and I frequently fly my Phantom 4 Pro V 2.0 right up to the 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz directional antennas with no interference at all. These units run maybe five or six watts ERP so if the Phantom’s receiver was going to be affected by RF it would do it under these circumstances I think.

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Thanks to everyone for their replies.
I haven't tried wiping it off. It looks almost like a resistor that has burnt a bit. I didn't feel it to see what it is made of yet.
Argtek is ordered. I'll open it back up tomorrow night and play with the connections a bit for peace of mind.
Regardless if I am running DJI or litchi, I constantly get warnings and dropped video signals. We're talking from 20' feet away. Nothing like rth when it's well, already home. Lol.

Thanks to everyone for their replies.
I haven't tried wiping it off. It looks almost like a resistor that has burnt a bit. I didn't feel it to see what it is made of yet.
Argtek is ordered. I'll open it back up tomorrow night and play with the connections a bit for peace of mind.
Regardless if I am running DJI or litchi, I constantly get warnings and dropped video signals. We're talking from 20' feet away. Nothing like rth when it's well, already home. Lol.
Keep in mind those two panels have no relation to radio signal and RTH. If you're losing control signal at 20 feet your controller may have bigger issues than those panels.

Well, I got the argtek installed but haven't had a chance to fly it yet. Hopefully tomorrow and I can grab some good pictures of the fresh snow.

Reactions: LarBear360
If you want good video reception change antennas. For the controller there are a dozen or so and all are better than stock, but for the bird - go to Ebay and buy phantom 4 antennas that go in the legs of your 3. Cost is only around $5 and they make a big difference.

I just opened my brand new P3S controller to install my new Argtek antennas and my WiFi antennas actually look worse than the ones in the OP’s image. Mine don’t look burnt though, they just look discolored but also have fingerprints in the discoloration leading me to believe this could be normal. I’m going to guess the fingerprints are from the person who assembled the controller.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj