Intermittent Atti-Opti-GPS modes...

Reaction score
Hi, I have a P4A since a month or so. Since the 3rd or 4th flight I keep getting intermittent mode changes. This is what happens (in open groung in the countryside) : power on sequence (RC -> P4A -> Ipad 4 mini). I get green light (GPS mode with 14-18 sats) and Home position recorded. I take off (vertically, maybe 10-20 meters). After a few dozen seconds it suddenly switches to Atti mode (or Opti mode). Then after a few ozen seconds, switches back to GPS mode. This sometimes continues a few more times and then flies ok with 14-18 sattelites in GPS mode, or keeps on switching Atti-GPS, or even remains all the time in Atti mode....

I have tried landing, switching everithing off and then on again. Normally this helps. Today I did the same but after restarting it remained in Atti mode all the time. I then moved 30-50 feet and then everything fine! GPS mode all the time for about 20 minutes...

I have checked with DJI service but they say it could be a "bug in the latest upgrade" (!). Not much help...

Any ideas what can be going on?

TIA

Sounds like a compass issue. If the drone is getting compass variances that are too great it throws the data out and will put the drone into atti mode.

Can you get the DAT file off the drone and upload to Dropbox or google drive, then link it here?
How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File

FYI, I flew the P4A this afternoon and on starting it up, I got this message in DJI GO 4 app: "GPS encounters disconnect please reset and check connection" (it is not the first time it happens). I swithched it off -only the P4A- and then on again. Everything worked fine during a 12 minute flight...(?)

FYI, I flew the P4A this afternoon and on starting it up, I got this message in DJI GO 4 app: "GPS encounters disconnect please reset and check connection" (it is not the first time it happens). I swithched it off -only the P4A- and then on again. Everything worked fine during a 12 minute flight...(?)

I just bought a brand new P4P obsidian. Updated the software and got this error too. Haven’t been able to fly it yet. Calling dji in the morning. Anyone else encounter this error code?

Hi, just to update this thread: I contacted DJI technical support. As soon as I explained the issue, they told me they have to send the P4A (without the RC) to Amsterdam (Europe's central TS) to have it checked and -probably- get it replaced. And that is exactly what happened: 2 weeks later I got a brand new P4A. I haven't had any issue since then. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Miguel

I just bought a brand new P4P obsidian. Updated the software and got this error too. Haven’t been able to fly it yet. Calling dji in the morning. Anyone else encounter this error code?
My P4PO is on v1.5.03 using 10.5 iPad IOS 11.2.1 and DJI GO4 v4.1.20. I did not see the same error code.

Hi, just to update this thread: I contacted DJI technical support. As soon as I explained the issue, they told me they have to send the P4A (without the RC) to Amsterdam (Europe's central TS) to have it checked and -probably- get it replaced. And that is exactly what happened: 2 weeks later I got a brand new P4A. I haven't had any issue since then. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Miguel
If that’s the case when I call them I’ll be returning mine to amazon. That’s complete BS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair