Intelligent flight modes: which do you use?

Reaction score
Of the various intelligent flight modes, which ones do you use and find the most useful?

To kick this off, we find three are genuinely useful for our purposes. Point of Interest is extremely helpful, allowing maximum focus to be directed to filming considerations. Active Track is the second most useful in our experience, which we use for following a vehicle (although sometimes we prefer manual flying in some filming situations). Third is Tripod Mode for when you need extra slow and steady.

Again, very well done DJI.

Hi AW,

POI and Course Lock modes are the most frequent flight modes I use druing my flights. For donelapse shots I frequently use POI, Waypoint and Tap to Fly modes.

I don't use active track mode because as soon as I switch to active track mode DJI Go 4 app switches into auto exposure mode automatically.

But there is one more flight mode I find extremely useful (ATTI mode, I call it “drunk mode”). It is not an intelligent mode but still very useful. In wide open areas I sometimes switch to ATTI mode and let the drone drift by the wind.

OO

Last edited:
Of the various intelligent flight modes, which ones do you use and find the most useful?

To kick this off, we find three are genuinely useful for our purposes. Point of Interest is extremely helpful, allowing maximum focus to be directed to filming considerations. Active Track is the second most useful in our experience, which we use for following a vehicle (although sometimes we prefer manual flying in some filming situations). Third is Tripod Mode for when you need extra slow and steady.

Again, very well done DJI.

I love Tripod for smooth shots, its great. I heavily use Draw, create a holding pattern sometimes with two or three laps around the subject and start it, then control the gimbal in “free” mode. The drone flies its course regardless of yaw orientation. In essence, its like the gimbal is 360, and I can somewhat act like a Slave remote on an Inspire, focusing on shooting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.