• All the modes! All the time!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only a few are useful to me

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Never or almost never

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
I have had my P4P now for over a month.
Here is what I have learned both from my experience with the 4 Pro, the different apps and reading other posts from those who have had problems/flyaways or crashes.
First, before you use automation, you need to have the skill set to be able to fly your drone anywhere in any condition and more importantly, be able to take over control at a moments notice and through much practice before, be able to steer clear of the eminent danger or event that is happening.
Secondly, each app has its own strengths and weaknesses, but all of them require practice and thorough understanding. Learning not to panic when something happens and being able to quickly shut off an app and start another
By reading the post from others who have had flyaways or unexpected results on their way. Missions, I have paid attention while practicing with the apps in my living room, and have learned to double check everything before I ever take off. For instance, one day I want to use zip line mode in auto pilot. As I went to go set my A and B positions, I noticed that the defaults we're set 500 miles away from me for the A position and the B position was set across country in New York. Had I not paid attention and executed the mode, who knows where my drone would've flown off to.
As a final comment, it has become my practice to always calibrate my compass before flying in any given location. I have never had any adverse flights, crashes, or unexpected results. I have been flying drones for over four years. To me it is just important to read everything you can, read all the posts you can, and understand the machine and the applications you use to control the machine.
I love my fountain and it's technology and capability.
Yeah! Do your homework before you go just trying anything is what your kinda saying right Digital Joe!!! Agree!

Yes KevMo.
Also, the functionality and performance of the other apps not made by DJI, can be more dependent on the device you're using. Please anybody correct me if I'm wrong in my understanding, but I believe Auto Pilot and Litchi both utilize the processing power of the device to give us the increased functionality of our drones.
So yes, do your homework, learn the features and the settings and practice practice practice.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Totally forgot that I tried Terrain Follow once and it worked well. I could see using that from time to time.

I use Tripod frequently. Especially when I let one of my kids fly. I find tripod is a very good mode for training them.
I also use draw alot as I find it entertaining.
Mostly I fly in atti mode though. I like being in control. Yes, I have control issues[emoji14]

Those various modes are specifically to suck people in, like happened to you. Most serious pilots don't use most of that stuff. If you're interested in plotting a course from the top down, you MUST get LItchi. You will love it. The mission hub lets you pre-determine your mission course from your home computer, save it, upload to the craft in the field, and fly it. It takes a while go gain your confidence in the product, but if you start small, and safe, you will grow into larger missions that can amaze you. The mission hub maps even provide you with MSL and relative elevation to first waypoint data, which is super helpful.
How do you save it, upload to the craft in the field?

How do you save it, upload to the craft in the field?
The mission is saved by uploading it into Litchi's cloud server using their mission hub, or iPad, connected to the Internet. Each mission you plan is given a preferred name for retrieval later. Once you're ready to fly, you download the named mission into the craft via wireless connection. This downloads from the cloud, goes through the smart device (must be connected to the internet), then through RC and then to the craft. The download from cloud to craft is pretty fast and it works pretty seamless. You can even make minor changes to the mission using the iPad (or android) on the fly if needed, then save to the cloud to keep and fly later.

Reactions: len750
Token "Autopilot" alternative, too. They both (Litchi and AP) have strengths and weaknesses, on a whole Autopilot is far more powerful but with a steeper learning curve.

I use a lot more flight modes on Autopilot than I do on Go4 though. Pretty much use tripod only in Go4. But other modes even ActiveTrack are pretty much useless in my experience. AP can do any of them but better, and a lot more interestingly. And the Airspace functionality is so much fun to play with ... I did an autonomous following of a P3 recently. this weekend we're going to try a 3 bird AP autonomous train all following each other with the first bird autonomously following an airspace of my buddy on his motorcycle. [emoji106]).

Waypoint route planning is a lot of fun, too, whether you use AP, litchi, or FPV cam.

That sounds awesome! I'd love to see some footage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT