Install Firmware 1.1.9 Successfully

Reaction score
I know most were hoping this was a legit method of explaining how to install v1.1.9 again, but it's not. So Sorry!

Tell us what you would give to be able to successfully install Firmware Version 1.1.9 once again.

If DJI sent me the magic code to allow my quad to install v1.1.9

I Would________________.

I envy you both in a big way.

I was so sure DJI was past doing this crap that I actually has regained some trust in them. Even though I went a log time without updating on the vPlus, they got me this time. And once again a fool I am....

I should check on getting a refund. :(

I envy you both in a big way.

I was so sure DJI was past doing this crap that I actually has regained some trust in them. Even though I went a log time without updating on the vPlus, they got me this time. And once again a fool I am....

I should check on getting a refund. :(

That is why I buy from Amazon...............

http://forum.dji.com/thread-23183-1-1.html

The future firmware upgrade, DJI will also provide new firmware with the old firmware (new firmware of the previous version), and to change the current version only supports incremental rule, if the user is not satisfied after the firmware upgrade, you can easily fall back to old firmware.

Good find Morphious - looks like they will create a system where one can fall back if desired - which would be very nice, not only for people who regret upgrading - but also for people who are trying to troubleshoot an issue.

My supplier, DronesEtc.com isn't even answering their phones now. My credit card dispute resolution department told me to try calling them again next week but if they don't answer to go ahead and send my P3Pro back without an RMA and the card company will refund the purchase and back charge DronesEtc.com.

I'll buy another one after DJI gets the bugs worked out.

I know most were hoping this was a legit method of explaining how to install v1.1.9 again, but it's not. So Sorry!

Tell us what you would give to be able to successfully install Firmware Version 1.1.9 once again.

If DJI sent me the magic code to allow my quad to install v1.1.9

I Would________________.

Have you tried it really ? And has 1.1.9 downgrade solved your Phantom 3 problems ?

No.. Im one of the normal majority. There are maybe 10 people here having issues and talking about it. There are several hundred P3 owners here. The few flawed P3 are a VERY small minority. Granted there should be issues at all. But to say that its anything more than a rare occurrence is uneducated.

No.. Im one of the normal majority. There are maybe 10 people here having issues and talking about it. There are several hundred P3 owners here. The few flawed P3 are a VERY small minority. Granted there should be issues at all. But to say that its anything more than a rare occurrence is uneducated.

I'm sure that next fw WILL NOT solve some of the issue seen in this forum related to fw upgrade. DJI need to update some hardware for out-spec boards delivered to the market.

The hardware issue is a legit concern. But that too is only giving a few people trouble, and has a simple solution... don't remove the stupid SD Card. That a no-brainer anyway! The stability issue a few people are having isn't a firmware issue either I'm betting. If it were then it would his 100% of us. Its another issue with hardware. And I will stick to my bet that it has something to do with cold-IMU calibrations.

Reading the embarassing translation on DJI forum.. I didn't understand a lot... If they provide a way to downgrade fw can be positive if something get really weird... But faking vers number is going to be a really big mess!!!

The key issue with their solution is that you could upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4. Then notice an issue and downgrade back down to 1.4.1 (actually 1.3). But at that point you see that the issue wasnt firmware, it was your own failure to follow the book. But now you cant re-upgrade to 1.4. Then people pitch a fit again.

Its a never ending battle between common sense and stupid people! Then toss in some REAL issues, and everyone is screwed!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair