Insane Amount of Time Needed for "107" Airspace Authorizations?

Well I spoke too soon - hours after posting this my approval came through. What's funny I was asking for a certain area within the class G airspace, 110' max altitude, they gave me the whole class G airspace up to 400'!!!

Huh? Class G up to 400' was already ours.

Huh? Class G up to 400' was already ours.

Meant to say class E. They gave me the magenta boxes south and southeast

APA-ClassE-SFC.png

Last edited:
Ahh that makes much better sense LOL.

Congrats :)

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
What is your question Dan?

A) When flying under Part 107 distance from the airport is not an issue. Your flight regulations go specifically by the type of airspace you're in. Class G means you're Good To Fly.

B) Any flight that isn't 100% for hobby (regardless if you make $$ or not) falls under Part 107 Rules unless you're flying for Public Safety Use (Law Enforcement, Search & Rescue etc) and those can fly under a whole other set of rules way to complicated for this conversation.

C) Speculation "work" is still work. Any flight that is not HOBBY is Civil.

Big Al sorry for not making my question clear but obviously you read between the lines because you answered it completely. Thank you for clearing this up for me.

Reactions: BigAl07
Big Al sorry for not making my question clear but obviously you read between the lines because you answered it completely. Thank you for clearing this up for me.

Sometimes I ramble on until I accidentally make sense LOL.

Reactions: Dan Lee

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj