Airspace Authorization Approved!

Reaction score
I just thought I would share my excitement on my first airspace waiver approval from the FAA! I requested to fly in Chicago Midway's class C airspace on July 8th (90 days from the date I submitted the waiver). I just received a call from (by far) the nicest FAA employee I've ever interacted with, who asked if I could accept a max altitude of 100 ft instead of the 150 ft I originally requested. I said that is no problem at all! He went ahead and gave me July 8th and 9th in case it rains on July 8th.

Major shout out to the FAA on this one. Great job getting back to me in an efficient and respectful manner. I hope everyone experiences similar outcomes in their efforts!

Reactions: Sizzlemonkey
I just thought I would share my excitement on my first airspace waiver approval from the FAA! I requested to fly in Chicago Midway's class C airspace on July 8th (90 days from the date I submitted the waiver). I just received a call from (by far) the nicest FAA employee I've ever interacted with, who asked if I could accept a max altitude of 100 ft instead of the 150 ft I originally requested. I said that is no problem at all! He went ahead and gave me July 8th and 9th in case it rains on July 8th.

Major shout out to the FAA on this one. Great job getting back to me in an efficient and respectful manner. I hope everyone experiences similar outcomes in their efforts!

Just to clarify - that sounds like an authorization rather than a waiver - is that correct?

Reactions: BigAl07
Congrats on your Airspace Authorization. I edited the title to reflect this change in nomenclature.

Reactions: voyageraero

How long from the time of submission to the FAA reply/authorization?
I am working on one for the CLT airspace & just hope it is not to long of a wait.

I am working on one for the CLT airspace & just hope it is not to long of a wait.
You need to allow for and submit for it in a 90 day assumption. If you apply for it and they see off the bat it's for an unrealistic time frame they can (and will) deny it point blank.

If you're looking for KCLT you'd better be on your A-Game when submitting. That's a busy area. I don't have the sectional here in front of me but I know it's Class BRAVO but I don't remember any more details than that.

Good luck and let us know how it pans out.

Like Al said, definitely give it 90 days. I literally told the client the soonest we would be able to do the work was 90 days from now and i submitted for that exact day. As far as getting back to me, it took them about 2 weeks, much quicker than I expected.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31