IMU recalibration failure at 2%

Reaction score
Hi, I have had a Minor crash from about 3 foot, now the drone will not fly and is saying I need to recalibrate the IMU, having had a look through the other posts I have now tried chilling the drone for 25 mins outside ( 4 degrees) and even tried the slapping on the battery, I am really worried now, any help ? Thank you , Col

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Does it stick on 2% forever and not finally complete? May take quite awhile to complete. leave it to it's work and see if it finally completes. Remember to use a perfectly level surface (use a bubble level) And don't allow any vibration to interfere. Calibrate away from metal objects too.

I think you know calibration procedures. If it fails at 2%, there is a serious issue, you may have to look on the main board for any disconnection.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi, I have had a Minor crash from about 3 foot, now the drone will not fly and is saying I need to recalibrate the IMU, having had a look through the other posts I have now tried chilling the drone for 25 mins outside ( 4 degrees) and even tried the slapping on the battery, I am really worried now, any help ? Thank you , Col

You say you slapped the battery... I have read of the slapping method, but the battery is not the problem, the problem lies within the drone... so slap the drone.... And try heating it up to above 90 F to see if that unsticks it...

Your IMU is stuck (or maybe the onboard SD card is corrupt).

Can you go to your sensor tab and see if you have any accelerometer/gyro value that is stuck (usually +-16).
If it is stuck, then take a shoe and smack the phantom until the values start moving again. Then redo the IMU calibration.

Your IMU is stuck (or maybe the onboard SD card is corrupt).

Can you go to your sensor tab and see if you have any accelerometer/gyro value that is stuck (usually +-16).
If it is stuck, then take a shoe and smack the phantom until the values start moving again. Then redo the IMU calibration.
Errrr, that would be a soft shoe....

Gone through drone doctor£127 lighter but my drone Is now fixed , apparently the IMU was badly damaged could be all the self help I tried, thank you for all the advice

Reactions: Numone
Gone through drone doctor£127 lighter but my drone Is now fixed , apparently the IMU was badly damaged could be all the self help I tried, thank you for all the advice

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: crash1sttime

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers