IMU Calibration Initial

Reaction score
First off. Yes I searched the forum to get my answer with no success. Quick question: just got my P3 today. Should I calibrate the IMU before puttin it up? Just concerned about knock around in shipping. Or should I just give it hell?

Reactions: mmee1992
It would be a good idea to calibrate it. You should also do it after installing new firmware.

I didn't. But after the first firmware update I did. I would do a Compass calibration first thing, though. And a tip for you.................. don't give it too much hell. It's just a platform to get a camera up in the air. It's really not meant to be a stunt-flying craft.

I did, but my gimbal was tilted out of the box. IMU calibration fixed it. I have done one more since, with it chilled slightly - possibly not enough chill and I may do it again this weekend.

First off. Yes I searched the forum to get my answer with no success. Quick question: just got my P3 today. Should I calibrate the IMU before puttin it up? Just concerned about knock around in shipping. Or should I just give it hell?
If you can chill it, it is recommended to do it with the unit cold. Maybe place in the fridge for 5 minutes and then pull it out and immediately start the calibration. Make sure the surface that you are calibrating is level (check it with a legit level).

Thanks. I will be doing that this morning. Checked the marble table each way with a 4 ft level. Dead on bubble all ways. Just want to set up controller. Thanks for the tips!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic