IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

Last edited:
You have one, maybe two towers to notify worst case. Two controlled airports and a naval air station put a lot of San Diego within 5 miles of one of them. Simple notification though should get in the air and keep ya legal.

Last edited:
Reactions: San Diego Jimmer
Looking at the map it appears like you have a pre.. Fix map.

Ok I just looked at the Geo map on DJI. Looks like you have 0 NFZ's. There was a glitch.. Now fixed that turned the yellow zones to red. You should be fine to fly. Refer to post #377 your true map below..

image.png

Reactions: San Diego Jimmer
Yes these steps work. See my post #377
Brilliant Sir I froze my *** off following your's and others steps and now the NFZ's 300 meters to the west of my home have gone away. As well as heliports and non reporting airfields that are within 5 miles. Thank you all for for your response it has really made my day;) I hope others will find this info so they are not crippled with this latest DJI mess.

Happy safe flying to all;)

Almost think the thread name should be changed to reflect the problem is fixed.
Well said it has for me:D I believe it should be in next weeks Phantom Pilots Last Weeks Most Popular Topics! Mods any influence?

sounds like for safety its time to solder back the jtag and serial on the dm365, wipe all the nfz and other crap, then publish a manual on how to flash the "unlocked" version that requires no verification or anything (to use at your own risk, obviously)

With respect, that is a load of old bollocks. I'm no fan of DJI at the moment, but spreading that sort of rubbish is helping no-one.

I can only go by the conversation. Here's a transcript.

Beta testing friend; It’s a money scam, nothing else ...when I took this trial on, they gave me a tutorial on how to pay with my credit card to "temporarily unlock" a restricted area on a pay for flight service

Like · Reply · 1 · 13 hrs

Me; I was on DJI site today. It asks you for a serial number 123456789 I used, then either a card or a mobile number to unlock a yellow zone. I don't think it's a big deal tbh.

Like · Reply · 2 · 13 hrs

Beta testing friend; Yes same thing... that’s the way the geo fencing is set up... a customer (i.e: belfast airport) pays dji to geo fence its area of operations , then a user pays ridiculous amounts of money every time he wants to fly, and with that he will only fly if they let him

Beta testing friend; Rural areas will be ok... it'll be cities, towns and villages they'll fence of

Like · Reply · 13 hrs

Me; I don't think it works like that. Apparently the cc or phone are only used to identify you as the owner, the details aren't passed on to DJI. At least, according to the guys on phantompilots

Like · Reply · 13 hrs

Beta testing friend; It does work like that Connor...I'm testing the software

To be clear

This is not correct, beta testers have not been told anything of the sort

Well I can only go by what I have been told - here's a transcript of the conversation. My pas is an Inspire Beta Tester, if that makes any difference.

Beta testing friend; It’s a money scam, nothing else ...when I took this trial on, they gave me a tutorial on how to pay with my credit card to "temporarily unlock" a restricted area on a pay for flight service

Me; I was on DJI site today. It asks you for a serial number 123456789 I used, then either a card or a mobile number to unlock a yellow zone. I don't think it's a big deal tbh.

Like · Reply · 2 · 13 hrs

Beta testing friend; Yes same thing... that’s the way the geo fencing is set up... a customer (i.e: belfast airport) pays dji to geo fence its area of operations , then a user pays ridiculous amounts of money every time he wants to fly, and with that he will only fly if they let him

Beta testing friend; Rural areas will be ok... it'll be cities, towns and villages they'll fence of

Like · Reply · 13 hrs

Me; I don't think it works like that. Apparently the cc or phone are only used to identify you as the owner, the details aren't passed on to DJI. At least, according to the guys on phantompilots

Like · Reply · 13 hrs

Beta testing friend; It does work like that Connor...I'm testing the software

Any actual documentation on this ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nope - as it's beta and I'm not the tester. But he assures me this is the way they're going. I find it hard to believe, but I'm not in direct contact with DJI - and I trust this guy totally.

We'll eventually you'll have to connect the go app to the Internet for maps and stuff...how long can one keep an app offline!

Why would connecting the App to the internet enforce the NFZ that 2.5 has? Surely you would need to update the app to get the NFZ? I may be a tad confused?

Reactions: Reed L
Come on everybody turn off auto dating on both iOS Device & iTunes on computer
Backup your iOS Apps find them on your computer Make a copy and store them in A different folder If it was signed on your machine and you acccinently update you can drag Older Backup files ito iTunes and it will ask if you want to replace newer version with older version (Yes)

Maverick100 glad you got it to work

Posted by Maverick100
How to download older versions of iOS apps
Another Options to resign a App with out jailbreaking is Home-1

This thread is moving tooooo fast sorry if Ive missed anything

Heres the iOS & Droid versions of DJI GO again in case any one missed it
(The iOS version will need to be resigned or used on a Jailbroken Device)
The droid version can be side loaded

Dropbox - DJI_GO_Old Versions

Good luck

cheers

What version is the latest "safe" (no geofence) on android?
I've downloaded all i could find (2.02.29-2.30-2.40-2.41-2.42-2.43 and 2.50)...

What version is the latest "safe" (no geofence) on android?
I've downloaded all i could find (2.02.29-2.30-2.40-2.41-2.42-2.43 and 2.50)...
I'm pretty sure it's 2.4.3. That's what I have and no problems.

Fun fact: this thread has 18k views. That's crazy!

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

ok frank thanks for the advice i will do that and see what happens in the future with all these NFZ implications. Do you think people will start to buy other products like bebop parrot etc if DJI continue to force these restrictions or do you think all the other companies manufacturing drones will do exactly the same thing as DJI are or are they forced to by different governments?

Yes there will be those that steer away from purchasing DJI products due to the GEO System.

Other companies would NOT include such a system unless it promoted sales.

DJI will soon realize that restricting any of it's aircraft where there is no written law is a mistake.

So... What will it take to get DJI to make any changes from the current path they're on? It would take a combination of current customers to a couple of things. They. or we, would need to post in large numbers in the DJI forum expressing non approval as one thing. The other would be to contact DJI customer support and request refunds, or from where the aircraft purchase was made.

Simply put, DJI should not be doing anything other then those things that increase their overall sales. It's just a matter of time that enough people get pissed off and do something legally that reminds DJI that people have the right to make their own decisions.

I'm guessing DJI must feel like if they don't do what they're doing, then some careless user's may come along and screw it up for everyone

Please refer to my post from last night:

"I actually just had a conversation with Brendan this evening.

He truly, truly does care and is committed to keeping the experience excellent. They are fixing this as fast as possible and do understand. I think they just need to communicate that better.

But I feel 100% better after our conversation. I truly do."

Yes there will be those that steer away from purchasing DJI products due to the GEO System.

DJI will soon realize that restricting any of it's aircraft where there is no written law is a mistake.

So... What will it take to get DJI to make any changes from the current path they're on? It would take a combination of current customers to a couple of things. They. or we, would need to post in large numbers in the DJI forum expressing non approval as one thing. The other would be to contact DJI customer support and request refunds, or from where the aircraft purchase was made.

Simply put, DJI should not be doing anything other then those things that increase their overall sales. It's just a matter of time that enough people get pissed off and do something legally that reminds DJI that people have the right to make their own decisions.

I'm guessing DJI must feel like if they don't do what they're doing, then some careless user's may come along and screw it up for everyone

Well it look like National Parks are Red Zones which means, contrary to most legal opinions, not only can you not take off or land in a National Park, DJI and Airmap will keep you from overflight also.

That is correct: Unmanned Aircraft to be Prohibited in National Parks - Denali National Park & Preserve (U.S. National Park Service)

And apparently they are enforcing it: Man Tasered In National Park For Flying Toy Drone

However, if you were approved, in writing, to fly prior to the date the policy went into effect then it looks like you are good to go:

"Conditions and Exceptions

1. The required compendium closures do not apply to the following activities:

(a) The use, authorized in writing prior to the date of this Policy Memorandum, of model aircraft (as that term is used in Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Advisory Circular 91-57 and section 336 of the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2012) for hobbyist and recreational use at locations and under conditions (i) established by the superintendent in the compendium; or (ii) issued under a special use permit. Continued activities under these existing authorities are allowed, but renewals and modifications of these compendium provisions or permits must be approved in writing by the ADVRP. Superintendents of these parks should note in their compendiums that the required closures do not apply to these established uses."

Link to the full policy: Policy Memo

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

And this is the main problem now they make these drones a lot more affordable and they are becoming very widespread it only takes a few idiots to **** it up for everyone else and it will eventually force all the various companies that make UAV to put these NFZ as common practice and if you do live near nfz its probably not a hobby you are going to be able to do unless if you can travel to designated areas where everyone else will be flying their drones!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.