IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

Ridiculous... And FYI, I couldn't get the wait 1-5 minute fix to work.

Attachments

• image1 (1).PNG
    image1 (1).PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 804
incorrect. Those are yellows now, ex pic if I can get to post
Hey guys, i'm looking for your expert advice. All of my iOS devices have upgraded themselves to DJI GO 2.5.0. I have a new P3P that I have not fired up yet. Should I go ahead and connect anyway? I know the DJI GO app will push NFZ's to the bird but I have no way to downgrade to 2.4.3 right now :(

Have you checked your Itunes on your computer? Thought I was screwed, but there she was.

I never plug them into iTunes :(

Ouch. Any chance any of the devices were not on auto updates? If so wipe app from all and check the cloud, and with any luck an old version might still be on there. worth a shot.

I just purchased a P3 advanced and went to a fly park and was not able to fly because I was in a no fly zone. There was a guy with the same unit and he was able to fly. After reading this whole post I now see why. Mine is brand new and came with version 2.5 and he was on version 2.43. Can someone explain how to load 2.43? I am on apkpure.com and see djigo 2.43 but have a choice of xapk or apm. Any advise?

I just purchased a P3 advanced and went to a fly park and was not able to fly because I was in a no fly zone. There was a guy with the same unit and he was able to fly. After reading this whole post I now see why. Mine is brand new and came with version 2.5 and he was on version 2.43. Can someone explain how to load 2.43? I am on apkpure.com and see djigo 2.43 but have a choice of xapk or apm. Any advise?

If you are using android you can use the public beta firmware 1.7 and the beta app and it will work, you can download them here: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

One more observation:

I had updated DJI app on my mini iPad to 2.5 and had seen NFZs.

Today I swapped my iPad with iPhone which had App 2.4.3 and surprisingly I see those NFZs on iPhone too.

That tells me that NFZs get transmitted to maps when app connects to Internet. RC was off and P3 was also off at this time.

Can someone confirm it? If this is true then it's DJI server that's pushing the NFZs to app and will happen on any version 2.3 or 2.4 or 2.5

Here is what I noticed on my iPhone :

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452742693.569883.jpg

Matter is getting confused, not sure what's the truth. Please zoom out your maps on DJI app and see if you are also seeing NFZs in version 2.4

Last edited:
One more observation:

Today I swapped my iPad with iPhone which had App 2.4.3 and surprisingly I see those NFZs on iPhone too.

That tells me that NFZs get transmitted to maps when app connects to Internet. RC was off and P3 was also off at this time.

Can someone confirm it? If this is true then it's DJI server that's pushing the NFZs to app and will happen on any version 2.3 or 2.4 or 2.5

View attachment 40415

Matter is getting confused, not sure what's the truth.

Can't help you but I live in SF and out in Walnut Creek a lot of you want to fly sometime.

One more observation:

View attachment 40415

Matter is getting confused, not sure what's the truth. Please zoom out your maps on DJI app and see if you are also seeing NFZs in version 2.4

Yes. That was what I was trying to get across earlier. The NFZs show up both on both my Go apps whether 2.4 or 2.5 once I connected to the Internet.

Yes. That was what I was trying to get across earlier. The NFZs show up both on both my Go apps whether 2.4 or 2.5 once I connected to the Internet.
This clearly shows that DJI had prepared an additional map layer already in release 2.4 or earlier and are now superimposing NFZs through their server. Inaccuracy in DJI's data will affect us directly.

Indirectly, DJI will control us if we can fly or not. Is this acceptable?

Last edited:
One more observation:

View attachment 40415

What is tha firmware on the drone?

What is tha firmware on the drone?
I have P3A with 1.6. But I saw NFZs on DJI app 2.4 with RC and P3 off. So it's not related to FW on RC or P3.

Get the 2.4.3 APK from one of your other devices, delete 2.5, & install the older version. Disable auto-updating of apps. I learned this lesson way back with the Vision+ when an update bombed my DJI app rendering my video feed a green screen.
I am unclear about precisely how to "get the 2.4.3 APK from another device" Can you explain what the heck this means?

One more observation:

Today I swapped my iPad with iPhone which had App 2.4.3 and surprisingly I see those NFZs on iPhone.

That tells me that NFZs get transmitted to maps when app connects to Internet.

Can someone confirm it? If this is true then it's DJI server that's pushing the NFZs to app and will happen on any version.

View attachment 40415

Correct, once you have connected the new app it updates the controller or P3 (havent worked out which yet) they only way to get around it for now is to switch to Android and run the public beta FW and app
I am unclear about precisely how to "get the 2.4.3 APK from another device" Can you explain what the heck this means?

Download the old version of the app here (remove the new one first) DJI GO 2.4.3.apk For Android | Android APK Google PlayStore

You may not need apk for 2.4.3 now as problem lies somewhere else.

This is one of the reasons that I went to racer FPV250 quads even though I still own 2 phantoms and take them out every once in a while

No problem flying at all.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

How do you view the maps with the RC and P3 off? I can not do anything in the app until they are connected...
If you had once connected DJI go app to RC , next time you can just start it without RC, you can select the P3 adv or Pro as the case may be and then select camera and see the maps.

If you had once connected DJI go app to RC , next time you can just start it without RC, you can select the P3 adv or Pro as the case may be and then select camera and see the maps.

I tried it, when I open the app it has Pro selected and shows "how to connect" until I have everything going. Was about to post back it didn't work, but then I scrolled through the equipment and when I came back to the Pro camera was an option!!! So happy, been trying to get there forever to look at menus and stuff!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor