If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 READ!

Re: If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 R

Mako79 said:
Prylar Bek said:
FWIW. I just flew and used 3 batts. Back to back. Flew hard. Lots of yawning corkscrew turns up and down. Slightly warm motors. No smell from quad. End of report. I'm not opening it up unless I have to!

Cool.
Do you have the 2.1 ESCs?
I think you should open her up. Get some wings on your street cred badge. Takes 2 minutes and wont void your warranty.
Use an craft/hobby/exacto/razor and slit the arm stickers.
Remove 12 hex screws, 4 type 0 screws (careful with these as they fray easy).
Carefully lift and unplug the 4 pin GPS cable.
Take happy snaps and post here.

Installation is in reverse.
Prylar Bek said:
I'm tempted. I'll have a scotch tonight and work up the courage. HA

Lol, it's no problem to open her up.

16 screws, 4 on each arm. And that's it. You might as well get comfortable opening her up, because it's not a matter of if, but when you will have to open her up for one reason or another

Mako79 said:
Prylar Bek said:
FWIW. I just flew and used 3 batts. Back to back. Flew hard. Lots of yawning corkscrew turns up and down. Slightly warm motors. No smell from quad. End of report. I'm not opening it up unless I have to!

Cool.
Do you have the 2.1 ESCs?
I think you should open her up. Get some wings on your street cred badge. Takes 2 minutes and wont void your warranty.
Use an craft/hobby/exacto/razor and slit the arm stickers.
Carefully lift and unplug the 4 pin GPS cable.
Take happy snaps and post here.

Prylar Bek said:
I'm tempted. I'll have a scotch tonight and work up the courage. HA

Lol, it's no problem to open her up.

16 screws, 4 on each arm. And that's it. You might as well get comfortable opening her up, because it's not a matter of if, but when you will have to open her up for one reason or another

Prylar Bek said:

That's great news! I've been lurking here for a while. Already have the vision (non-plus), but just bought the v3 in early Jan. Got depressed reading all the issues and was going to return the v3 still unopened in box. This and other anecdotal stories of tip-overs and no doom have me feeling a lot of relief. Will try to fly the v3 this weekend, albeit very carefully. May even open the drone...

Mako79 said:
Prylar Bek said:

The bird has 12 hex screws and 4 small phillips screws that must be removed, and the 4 hex screws under the motors you don't take out...

mlars said:
Eyecon 82, you win, toughest v3 in existence. Your vid alone makes me keep my v3. Was getting depressed.
Lol. Thanks.

Not like I'm proud of it. I just got lucky, but she is a tough birds all 4 props were in the dirt, so I'm surprised not even 1 esc was blown

mlars said:
Eyecon 82, you win, toughest v3 in existence. Your vid alone makes me keep my v3. Was getting depressed.
Lol. Thanks.

Not like I'm proud of it. I just got lucky, but she is a tough birds all 4 props were in the dirt, so I'm surprised not even 1 esc was blown

Pryler Bek - I have 3 suggestions for you about taking that cover off. 1)You were in Nam, this is easier than pissing in the latrine. 2) Slit the tape with a razor blade instead of peeling the tape. The slit is barley visible after reassembly and you could remove the top much easier in the future. 3) After you get the tiny Philips screws out, take one to the hardware store and replace it with a standard head screw of the same size (especially the length). Philips are notorious for head stripping while the standard screws will not strip.

I read your concerns and its time for you to face the reality of owning a Phantom. The top must come off!

I found this and thought it was interesting. The wires are a lot smaller on the new birds

Well if nothing else we got people to get their phantom
Tops off to check everything out as now it turns
Out that not all the v3 version come with drilled
Wifi units either.
Dji, I love to fix your product but
I am just shaking my head lately more and more about all
That is coming out.

Bottom line is, open her up and check everything people.
Better be safe than sorry.

hunch said:
Well if nothing else we got people to get their phantom
Tops off to check everything out as now it turns
Out that not all the v3 version come with drilled
Wifi units either.
Dji, I love to fix your product but
I am just shaking my head lately more and more about all
That is coming out.

Bottom line is, open her up and check everything people.
Better be safe than sorry.

What's a drilled wifi unit and how is it better.Any pics or links?

so to keep beating this to death. So, I open there case...2.1...no melted wires...GPS socket good...already drilled holes in GPS case...now what???..wrap the wires in some kind of protective casing to prevent POSSIBLE melting? Just lifting them off the MOSFETS doesn't seam to be a permanent solution

I;'m going flying...full sock...dont care

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews