If you could have anything 3D printed...

Reaction score
I have a 3D printer, I am fairly good with it and also 3D modeling with quality software. If you could have anything 3D printed, what would it be?

Some things not to 3D print are things that are available for pennies, illegal things, designs that are too large (no cement blocks, or full size cases type stuff) I can print about 12" cube, I have printed up to about a pound of filament in one piece, but would like smaller stuff better. Oh yes, I need to add, nothing safety critical, I am not into printing a steering link for your car or anything to hold a baby suspended cause this is a hobby, and hobbies should be fun.

I like ABS material the best, it is strong and prints well for me.

I have stuff hanging off my bird and radio already. Always looking for ideas.

I like to print so much I have thought of standing along a busy intersection during rush hour with a sign that says "WILL PRINT FOR FILAMENT" (ha, ha).

I print things I find interesting, if you have something interesting, post it, maybe I will design and print it.

If you have a solid model (or not), if the thing is not available in the dollar store on the corner, post it.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1448836752.650559.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1448836769.255054.jpg

Either of these would be cool!
I know you can buy both of these things but just something..

DSCF8496.JPG
DSCF8497.JPG
View attachment 36806View attachment 36807

View attachment 36806View attachment 36807

I designed a device a little like the landing gear camera guard, but added carbon fiber tubes to widen out the gear. I think any length tube could be added even 200 or 300 mm to make it very hard to tip over or run into something you did not want to chop. The ones I use are about 6" each and work well to widen the footprint. Since I have a vision 2, the one I print fits that bird great. Snap on, snap off!

If you can supply measurements including the outside distance of the struts that you want it to snap over and the thickness of said struts, I could print you a prototype to try.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic