Phantom 3 Printable Gimbal Guard

Reaction score
EDIT: This Thing has been updated to fit 150x150mm print beds (including Printrbot Metal Simple). If you try it out, please let me know how it works for you!

Hello, all. For those of you with a Phantom 3 Standard, 4K, Advanced, Professional, and a 3D printer, I just posted a new gimbal guard design on Thingiverse for all versions of the Phantom 3 based on Skyreat's retail guard. It is too large for me to print on my Simple Metal, so I would appreciate any feedback!

I'm trying to maximize efficacy and ease-of-printing for smaller beds, but for now I would like to know if this guard works for you.

Please feel free to PM me here or on Thingiverse if you print this.

Kind regards and safe flying!

Thing: DJI Phantom 3 Gimbal Guard (Standard, 4K, Advanced, Professional compatible) by ccbdav

If you do not have access to a 3D printer and would like me to print one of these for you, I would be happy to do so for the cost of filament, postage, and a 1.00 (USD) fee for time spent. To be honest, however, you can find a cheap version of this gimbal guard on Amazon for $7-8 with free shipping, which would probably be cheaper and would offer more protection.

(This post is not for commercial purposes. My intent is to have an effective printable gimbal guard and need help with possible design flaws so we can have an alternative to purchasing.)

Attachments

• IMG_0717.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 302
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen