I'd like to see this on a new Phantom

Pretty much like the micro four-thirds on the Inspire 2 with their X5S camera. Bad part is the extra $1,000 cinema license and with the Inspire 2 RAW log-shots and you're looking at around $6,300 and the need for some $500 SSD card and reader. Zoom lens and you're over $7,000. A Phantom like suggested would cost you a lot, and probably why the Phantoms will stay in the mid-range and introductory drone side.

You might set that camera up on a new Matrice 200, but no doubt it might be more than the current Inspire 2 costs also. The big boy toy ones can hit over $200,000. Ugh!

Reactions: DronePilotOne
Putting that $ on a quad is risky, no?
6-8 rotors would be safer against loss of a rotor.

Reactions: DronePilotOne
Ugh exactly! However, I think that a modular phantom drone is not off the table this year, much like the upcoming version of the Autel Robotics drone might be offering. I'll pretty much base any future decisions upon, whether I can put my own camera(s) onto the drone, or not. To me a drone is merely a transportation solution. It's the versatility on how you're able to rig it according to a given job, that makes a huge difference, in my opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic