Icarus for Phantom 3S

The Argtec and DBS antenna mods create a better propogation of RF energy without adding boosters, basically they use the signal previously channeled to DJI antennas and give better radiation.

Use of Icarus is good for all as I understand because of the 27Dbi for both RC and AC 2.4Ghz signals.

So a combo of both Antenna change with Icarus software - should give if properly done a reasonable boost to range.

My P3S with Argtec and Icarus regularly hits over 1900m ... best I had was 2493m.

As to FIXED or LIMIT of Icarus ................. I am not aware it makes much difference ... to be honest I cannot remember what I used ... but I do know I set 27 for both and Telnet ...

Nigel

Reactions: KleinBliksem
No, they don't make a DBS or a Argtek or similar with built in amps, they are always external. If you don't like the look, it's not a big deal in my opinion. Then your out of luck. Do you wants looks or functionality? I think my setup looks cool as hell. Get many positive comments about it of one of the FB groups for the P3S.
that does look good!!!

The Argtec and DBS antenna mods create a better propogation of RF energy without adding boosters, basically they use the signal previously channeled to DJI antennas and give better radiation.

Use of Icarus is good for all as I understand because of the 27Dbi for both RC and AC 2.4Ghz signals.

So a combo of both Antenna change with Icarus software - should give if properly done a reasonable boost to range.

My P3S with Argtec and Icarus regularly hits over 1900m ... best I had was 2493m.

As to FIXED or LIMIT of Icarus ................. I am not aware it makes much difference ... to be honest I cannot remember what I used ... but I do know I set 27 for both and Telnet ...

Nigel

Just builded me a windsurfer...but cant test..its raing...did a indoors test tho.... LONG RANGE windsurf Antenna's P3 tested

With Windsurfer I went from about 300m without ... to 600m with.

I am about to test TWIN Windsurfer on my 5.8Ghz Argtec antenna. It needs two because of its length.... one on top of other ...

Nigel

Has anyone ever tried to go more than 27dbm? Long term?

And please..... I don't want to hear 'arm chair' guesses. "It won't work. It'll burst your transmitter into flames. You'll shoot your eye out, kid." I want to hear from actual people that tried it.

Has anyone ever tried to go more than 27dbm? Long term?

And please..... I don't want to hear 'arm chair' guesses. "It won't work. It'll burst your transmitter into flames. You'll shoot your eye out, kid." I want to hear from actual people that tried it.
Oh no.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Matts175
I have thought often to see about increasing over 27dbm ... but so far resisted the temptation.

I have decided to add physical boosters instead and that way the RF generators in the RC are not pushed over design limits ... I can leave them at 27 and increase power by other means.

Nigel

OK. I decided to be a guinea pig. I turned it up to 28dbm. Did the check. Still says 27. I turned it up to 29dbm. Did the check. Still says 27. Then I cranked it all the way to 30dbm. Guess what? Check still says 27. So, apparently that part of this is fake. LOL.

I'm going to get a refund from Google.

OK. I decided to be a guinea pig. I turned it up to 28dbm. Did the check. Still says 27. I turned it up to 29dbm. Did the check. Still says 27. Then I cranked it all the way to 30dbm. Guess what? Check still says 27. So, apparently that part of this is fake. LOL.

Could it be like a boost, as in only when needed, dynamic not static.

Why not ask Icarus before deciding what is happening ? We need correct info ...

Icarus respond to emails much better than many others I can think of.

Nigel

Why not ask Icarus before deciding what is happening ? We need correct info ...

Icarus respond to emails much better than many others I can think of.

Nigel
I asked them if their app would be useful in US and Canada and they said NO because we are already at 27dbm. They said it may be useful here to use channel 13 which we don't get stock.

Reactions: Matts175
I asked them if their app would be useful in US and Canada and they said NO because we are already at 27dbm. They said it may be useful here to use channel 13 which we don't get stock.

Sorry - I was referring to your post saying that even though you set 28 ... it reported 27. I mean for you to ask them about that matter ... not whether 27 is useful in USA.

This is a strange matter anyway - but some references talk about power NOT being 27 in USA but slightly lower. We all know that CE is a lot lower and Icarus or Magic Power are useful there.

Nigel

I think it's like the old Linksys routers that I used to hack with DD-WRT back in the day. Out of the box, they were like 29mw. You could set them at 89mw and get a noticable improvement. The interface, however, went up to 251mw. Setting it at 251mw would not offer any improvement over 89mw. It would still only put out the max 89mw, if you tested it. In other words... a wifi radio is only going to put out what it can put out (it's max). No program is going to bypass the physical design limitation.

WRT54G.png

What does Icarus say ? We can all guess at the answer ... but they wrote the software ..

Nigel

Nigel
I fly in FCC mode in the states. Do you still recommend this Icarus app? There are very few reviews in the play store. I have the Argtek and DBS antennas which get me 5800 feet. Hoping to get a better video down link.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj