I really don't feel safe to buy...

Reaction score
Honestly, I've been subscribe to this forum for a couple weeks now and I'm really not convince about the aircraft. So many crashes so many problems with random stuff happening mid air and newbies mistakes and then, you have to fight with the dealer, dji, and wait forever if something wrong happens. I seriously don't want to take the risk to throw my money out the window... Is it just me or what?

This forum has 25k members. (I'm not sure how many of the members have a P3.) If all members would start posting their good experiences, you'd probably miss the few scattered posts mentioning crashes and/or fights with dealers.

There is a risk of failure just like with anything, especially electronics. The risk is small however and many people are immensely enjoying their Phantoms. It is really amazing and a tech marvel. Just get one, you'll see.

Just continue to read, and keep in mind that it is not a stunt craft so don't expect to do stunts which will add much higher risk.

Last edited:
Honestly, I've been subscribe to this forum for a couple weeks now and I'm really not convince about the aircraft. So many crashes so many problems with random stuff happening mid air and newbies mistakes and then, you have to fight with the dealer, dji, and wait forever if something wrong happens. I seriously don't want to take the risk to throw my money out the window... Is it just me or what?
Nope it's not just you my ps2 vision plus fell out the sky last week all the motors went dead and it's out of warranty so money just went like that. I'm looking at the 3dr drone they seem to be a it better but am just doing some researching at the moment to see what else is out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my ps2 vision plus
The Phantom 3 was completely redesigned inside. It seems all of the issues that caused the P2V+ to drop like a rock are gone.

People rarely to to these forums to say "I just had an uneventful flight".

Go to the Flytrex site. There have been 30 flights posted in just the past hour. And I would guess that fewer than ten percent of us have a Flytrex Live on our quads, so that would extrapolate to 300 flights of personal drones in the past hour. Of course, none of them have been here to tell us of an uneventful, but fun flight.

According to Fortune Magazine in late 2014, DJI has sold almost 700,000 Phantoms: "Hong Kong–based DJI claims to own a full 50% of the recreational market, selling 30,000 or more of its now ubiquitous Phantom quadrotor drones every month."

That was 2014, and sales have only increased since then.

I couldn't be happier with my P3P. A month in and no problems at all.
Same, I think a lot of the issues are people not understanding that you have to do steps before flying. 2 of my friends bought one after seeing mine and they both immediately took it out of the box and wanted to start flying.

Reactions: Dadcat and acherman
Many of those posts were from trolls (lairs). I'm sure several P3's have crashed. People said the same thing about the P2's as there were many reports of them crashing. However, there were 400,000 P2's sold. So what is 100 or 200 crashes? People are always going to report their crashes. Every time I fly and don't have any issues I don't make a post about it. If we all did... you'd see a TON of posts about great flights and almost none about crashes. And the forum would be unreadable.

Reactions: Stephan
IMHO, the payoff is worth the risks, which are largely mitigated with proper planning and prep. I also won't give up driving even though 50k+ people die each year in auto accidents (looks like a big # until you consider the number of drivers on the road, and how many of those are cognitively challenged).

I think you are smart for doing your homework before investing. You should also thank those that have alerted the general public about these issues with DJI, good and bad. The sponsers of this forum do not want any negative criticism about these aircraft. It reminds me of the Chinese gov't punishing any of their citizens for protesting about anything. After all, DJI is a Chinese company. Someone I guarantee will criticize me for this posting. Read their terms and conditions of using this forum. Only comments in favor of DJI products are welcome. Even if you have a legitimate complaint. Just to inform you of my plight with my Phantom 3 pro, it has 20 flights and it has been sent back to DJI for repairs because it doesn't work. Again buyer beware.

This forum has 25k members. (I'm not sure how many of the members have a P3.) If all members would start posting their good experiences, you'd probably miss the few scattered posts mentioning crashes and/or fights with dealers.

This post is dead-on! My P3P is absolutely flawless.

I'm looking for strong arguments to convince me
Why should we have to convince you? If you are scared to make the investment in the hobby don't even bother. Stamp collecting is a safe hobby.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic