I really don't feel safe to buy...

I do agree this is dji biggest weakness currently. Better than in the past, having to send to China but still too long. Next month they will be adding another support center in Southern California. At least they are trying to improve.
I read an article a few days ago. DJI will be the first billion dollar drone company. They are seeking outside venture capital from silicon valley venture capitalist. Sales will double this year from last year. They are suffering growing pains from their success. Hopefully things will get better.

Reactions: blade strike
I bought my Phantom 2 Vision + in March and have had so much fun with it. I have made quite a few videos and am now quite addicted. Life is not certain and there is a risk in crossing the road. We don't have to convince you, so if you are worried, sit at home and play tiddly winks or get one and have so much creative fun. I now introduce my videos with my ventriloquist partner, Henry on You Tube under Adams Flyovers. For god's sake, have fun!!

Reactions: IflyinWY and bigmac
For me the P3P has been a fantastic equipment !!
I am very happy with it and I'm very impressed with so much technology in such a small and so portable package!

Problems will always exist but I noticed that the most common mistakes comes from pilots;)

The CS from DJI was fantastic for me... for example: I noticed that my night footage was very noise... so I send some samples of the footage to them in China and after a week they said that they found the noise a little bit more than they expected so they said me that they'll send me a new camera and gimble... that was awesome Customer Service!!

So I recommend it without doubt for everyone that want a drone as hobby or even for professional works.

Reactions: IflyinWY
I Have just bought my first Phantom and have had to date many, many happy flight's Without any hick up's at all. I love it!

I have a P2V3 and this was an upgrade from a Parrot AR Drone 2, so I had a 'bit' of experience. I read everything I could and watched videos on YouTube, basically these pointed to crashes often being down to people not reading / understanding the importance of calibrating and flying out of sight, out of range, etc. I have had countless flights with mine, great videos taken and beautiful pictures recorded. I took the time to read and understand about Naza-M settings and, as long as you take the time to learn, you'll be fine. Do yourself a favour and get BMFA membership - and therefore insurance! Can't be too careful....

Love my p3p. I fly safe. Always have bird in sight. Haven't had the balls to really let it go yet. Been a max of 250ft up and 500ft away so far. Had my first real hiccup last night when my app crashed during flight #3... Was able to bring her in because she was still in viewing distance... I restarted the app and everything was back to normal...

I had varios other drones, including Hexa, TBS discovery pro etc. , but I must say the P3P is just excellent. I currently on holiday drove through the Faroe islands and now in Iceland. I keep the P3P on the backseat ready, and wherever I stop and its safe to fly, sometimes after more than 100km between flights, I just do a compass calibrate and off I go. So far not a single issue. Just wish I had more batteries some days.

This guy is a troll. Why is this thread 7 pages deep?

I have a theory, I'm bored and I have to sit at this computer, so I may as well share my thoughts in this troll's thread. Everyone before me has. Why not me?

I agree the OP is a troll, but the thread is alive, and well I might add, because there are so many conciseness owners who do have good stories to tell. I am pleased to see those stories are now overpowering the OP's attempt to spread hate and discontent. It's easy to stand on a corner and get attention by screaming and yelling, like the OP has done. It's difficult to find those who are in a position to effectively contradict screaming and yelling because those folks are usually ignoring the useless negative noise.

Put in very simple terms, it's like the OP is a crybaby while most children are on the playground enjoying themselves. Who wants to hang with the crybaby? The answer is, other crybabies, and they lurk waiting to cry their story. Sooner or later, we get tired of listening to them and the thread reaches a point like this.

My thoughts:
DJI has done well, and the Trolls should be ignored or have their noses rubbed in it, just like this thread is doing.

I wonder if the OP, shrekpower will ever post a 4th time. If the face had to accompany the post, I bet not.

That's my idea of "Troll Bait". I think I was being nice, No?

So, where is "sh**power" anyway? :eek::p

Reactions: wordsmith
Honestly, I've been subscribe to this forum for a couple weeks now and I'm really not convince about the aircraft. So many crashes so many problems with random stuff happening mid air and newbies mistakes and then, you have to fight with the dealer, dji, and wait forever if something wrong happens. I seriously don't want to take the risk to throw my money out the window... Is it just me or what?

yup just you... I've owned 2 Phantom visions, I've wrecked I've tumbled various times, both my fault and drones fault... but mostly my fault... probably after my first totaled drone, i have not crashed ever.... once you know what you are doing you can avoid 99.9% of those issues. and the .1% you can't... you have to deal with. move on new thread. please.

yup just you... I've owned 2 Phantom visions, I've wrecked I've tumbled various times, both my fault and drones fault... but mostly my fault... probably after my first totaled drone, i have not crashed ever.... once you know what you are doing you can avoid 99.9% of those issues. and the .1% you can't... you have to deal with. move on new thread. please.
Welcome to the forum izzydrone, :D

Well put. I'm sure there are many folks here who wish I could get the same point across in so few words. :rolleyes:

Hey Shrek,

This was my first drone and except for a moment when I didn't have GPS and got impatient it has been nothing but awesome. Rookie mistakes are something that happens, if you're worried try practicing on a cheap drone. But from the moment I got the thing it has been nothing but easy to fly. I practiced for a day on the simulator (4 or 5 battery charges) and then went out to an open area and started practicing. I haven't had battery issues or loss of connection. I've flown out 4k meters at low altitude over water and everything has been fine. I think people making dumb mistakes isn't a good reason for you not to buy, just don't make dumb mistakes. As far as issues with hardware and software I haven't had any yet and although it's a concern of mine it doesn't stop me from flying or having fun.

The dealer I bought from offered drone insurance that covered everything except a fly-away (never found) for I believe $150 for the Advanced and $200 for the Professional. There was a deductible but I don't remember what it was.

Just wanted to say thank you to those of you who have intelligent comments here and have not lowered themselves to make hate post. I have had to follow this thread purely to babysit it in the beginning. I am happy to see I haven't had to do that for 2 pages now. I knew you guys had it in you! Thank you.

Reactions: PaulS and IflyinWY
I was for sure hesitant about spending the money on another Phantom after my P2v went AWOL last year. After that, I stuck with cheap micros, went a little bigger with the Alias, a few cheap Alias clones and a more powerful 200QX. Finally wanted a decent camera platform and first went with the Hubsan X4 Pro Low Edition. It was one bad *** looking quad with a pretty simple setup and built-in analog feed. Not a lot of in the way of instruction and not many out there so I couldn't really turn to forums like this one with questions. But the worst is when I finally flew the thing, it didn't want to hover in one place and being a bit larger than the Phantom, that was just plain scary for me so after a weekend I returned it to B&H to exchange for the P3. I waited a week or so for the Advanced to come in and then noticed they had the Pro so I took the leap with that one instead. Mine arrived on Friday but with Holiday stuff going on over the weekend, I didn't even open the box until Sunday, when I had a chance to go over everything. I still messed up and shot my first flight in PAL, but aside from that it performed flawlessly. I'm still gonna keep it in fairly close unless I have some open real estate to work with, and I also purchased the 2-year drops and spills warranty from B&H, so as long as I don't lose it, they'll fix it. I have nothing but good to say about B&H and don't understand why people go direct through DJI when good vendors like this are out there.

Reactions: acherman
Boy how I wish I knew what you now know before I bought. But I didn't and I bought one. I would like to just get my money back and I would move on. I do think you are smart for being cautious.

I'm on your side. I feel the same way. - we're in the same boat.
Mine - Received by Cali facility 6/12

Always remember - BBB

True dealing with DJI is a PITA but the fraction of complaints here to the number of total owned is very small. And of those complaints how many are operator fault? I would say the majority. Lessen your chances of problems by reading everything you can get your hands on, watch YT videos, and ask questions.
But, more than 1/2 of the owners are not aware of PhantomPilots.com!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik