I only have one USB port on my remote controller

Reaction score
I just unboxed my Phantom 3 Pro and tried to connect the remote to my mobile device. The cable that was shipped to me was a standard usb to micro usb. I assumed that the micro usb end went into my mobile device and that the standard usb end went into the remote controller. But my remote controller only has one USB port and it's the micro USB port. I'm unable to get the controller to communicate with my mobile device even though I've been able to physically connect the two with a micro-to-micro USB cable (extremely hard to find!). I've google-image searched for picture of other controllers and I cannot find a single controller out there that only has a micro-usb port on it. Am I just a n00b and am missing something obvious? I've done quite a bit of poking around online and I'm becoming more and more convinced that I may indeed have a defective controller. Any thoughts on this?

Reactions: Rush Videos
It should look like this:
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452981629.729245.jpg

I have the Phantom 3 4K and my remote only has the micro usb also. Could I buy an adopter for a lighting cable hook up with my iPad or best just to keep using wifi?

Only option is WIFI

Reactions: chops411
The mini cable included with the Phantom is for doing Firmware upgrades. You can use your regular IPhone charging cord and attach it to the RC, download the DJI Go application from the DJI web page. Then follow the direction on firmware updates. Once again the DJI site has the latest firmware upgrade, you download this to your PC and then need to load it on the SD card. Turn on your drone and insert the micro SD card (there are many you tube videos that can walk you through this, this can be a 45-50 min procedure. I bought a USB micro SD card reader from best buy for $9.00. After you have completed the drone update successfully, you then need to update your Remote, insert the micro SD card with a clean copy of the firmware update in the USB card reader then plug it into the USB port of the Remote and turn on 3-8 min here is a link to follow:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Please let me know how it went or if you need more help

Good Luck and happy flying!

Bruce

I just unboxed my Phantom 3 Pro and tried to connect the remote to my mobile device. The cable that was shipped to me was a standard usb to micro usb. I assumed that the micro usb end went into my mobile device and that the standard usb end went into the remote controller. But my remote controller only has one USB port and it's the micro USB port. I'm unable to get the controller to communicate with my mobile device even though I've been able to physically connect the two with a micro-to-micro USB cable (extremely hard to find!). I've google-image searched for picture of other controllers and I cannot find a single controller out there that only has a micro-usb port on it. Am I just a n00b and am missing something obvious? I've done quite a bit of poking around online and I'm becoming more and more convinced that I may indeed have a defective controller. Any thoughts on this?
Are you sure you have Phantom 3 Pro? Isn't it Phantom 4K?

You either have the 4K or Standard Phantom3. No Lightbridge/USB port for you. You only have the 480P/wifi downlink.

I have the Phantom 3 4K as well and wondered why there was no standard USB port, you have to move up to the professional for that along with light bridge. Te do make an Apple lightning to micro usb adapter if that will help.

i ordered a micro usb to micro usb from ebay for 3.88 shipped. i think its bullcrap that dji would purposefully disconnect the usb1 port. i removed the panel to find that its not even soldered in there.. i do not want to wifi--when will they learn that wifi is soo unresponsive and a pain when wifi 's are set internally to pick the strongest and lock on--thereby disconnecting your phantom 3..hell bluetooth would have been better---or hey PUT THE USB BACK IN.

i ordered a micro usb to micro usb from ebay for 3.88 shipped. i think its bullcrap that dji would purposefully disconnect the usb1 port. i removed the panel to find that its not even soldered in there.. i do not want to wifi--when will they learn that wifi is soo unresponsive and a pain when wifi 's are set internally to pick the strongest and lock on--thereby disconnecting your phantom 3..hell bluetooth would have been better---or hey PUT THE USB BACK IN.
Welcome to the forum!
The last post on this thread was in June.
I had a P2V+, and now a P3S, I know little about P3 A/P.
To help you out what is the actually problem?
Do you have a Pro?
This is a Pro thread.
Anytime in past that I can remember somebody was looking for a micro usb to micro usb, they had a Standard.

Let us know.:)

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic