I NEVER Calibrated my IMU

If you want to enjoy the best experiences possible, keep your drone firmware updated

No no no no no ...... and just one more for luck, no! Update only after folks have rushed in and post firmware full consumer release beta tested it! ;-)

The post should read "if you like to enjoy wondering when or if your hard earned pocket money will drop out of the sky or experience some other technical issue that you'll spend hours trying to solve because some fool can't be bothered to do their job properly .... Keep your firmware updated"

Additions are what It's all about now, or buy the Phantom 4. Hehe
I paid $1700 Canucks and also needed a new iPad Air2 Cellular for my adventure, so to get the very most out of my investment, I will take anything I can get free from @dji and Apple Corp., and if that is a weekly or biweekly firmware update, so be it. Some companies charge for updated firmware... ;-)
Eh, besides, I enjoy the DDDD DDDD DDDD!! Soothes my soul.
I even play along with it, on my Yamaha Motif XF8. Hahaha
And make movies of it all, on my Nikon D800!!
Then jump on the SpYdr RS-S and haul azz to the www.ercha.ca RC heli flying field to test it all out..

RedHotPoker
Wow, are you Casey Neistat?

I almost always have to calibrate the compass which fails quite often. I'll recalibrate the IMU next time just to see.
It is not normal to have to recalibrate compass. What you're experiencing is maybe some compass interference due to too much metal or a high electromagnetism. Some times the app tell me that a compass calibration is needed, but if I move the AC a feet or so in any direction the compass get well.

Wow, are you Casey Neistat?
Are you a real comedian? Or just sort of funny, on rare Occasion? ;-)
And I have no brothers, either. Ha

What I do have is thee most perfect drone, in every way possible, including a class act pilot. Hehe
I think? There for I am so!! ;-)
Why is it a debate, whether I or others calibrate our drones?
We've so far, counting today, have never had any negative issues, nor 1 problematic flight. I hope it has credence to doing with my regular drone maintenance and Phantom care.

RedHotPoker

No no no no no ...... and just one more for luck, no! Update only after folks have rushed in and post firmware full consumer release beta tested it! ;-)

The post should read "if you like to enjoy wondering when or if your hard earned pocket money will drop out of the sky or experience some other technical issue that you'll spend hours trying to solve because some fool can't be bothered to do their job properly .... Keep your firmware updated"
Yes, there are beta testers who give the new firmware a thorough going over, before it gets pushed out the App Store door.
Having a completely trouble free model I have already been offered to be an @dji beta tester, but politely declined. ;-)
Why invite trouble?
Doing our drone calibrations is fun, and I will continue doing mine when deemed necessary. Ha

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1