I let it rip today. (Stock) 4031ft

I tried to focus and aim remote. But friend was so worried as we had not seen it physically in 10 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: shorttimer
Tony,

I enjoy following your flights as you do a great job posting. You gonna fly again today? I saw your post on video help but I use an Android tablet and record in 1080 as that is plenty good for me.

Tony,

I enjoy following your flights as you do a great job posting. You gonna fly again today? I saw your post on video help but I use an Android tablet and record in 1080 as that is plenty good for me.
Thanks. This is very frustrating as I caught the best video yet. And I can't edit it as its in 2.7k. I will find a way. If last resort record it with my iPad. But learning curve. Not to record in 2.7k again.

Last edited:
Thanks. This is very frustrating as I caught the best video yet. And I can't edit it as its in 2.7k. I will find a way. If last resort record it with my iPad. But learning curve. Not to record in 2.7k again.

I know I already answered you question in the other post but I will post it here too as I see a definite quality increase when shooting in 2.k. Download cameo in your iPad, it's made by Vimeo. Then use this adaptor to download straight from your card to your I device.
WECODO Lightning iReader USB Micro SD Card Reader for iPhone 6 6S iPhone 6 6S Plus iPad Air 2 Computer Laptop Amazon.com: WECODO Lightning iReader USB Micro SD Card Reader for iPhone 6 6S iPhone 6 6S Plus iPad Air 2 Computer Laptop: Computers & Accessories

Thanks. I did not see either post until now. I ordered the wecodo. Now to download the app you mentioned.

Thanks. I did not see either post until now. I ordered the wecodo. Now to download the app you mentioned.

Just to make sure this is a lightning plug not the old 30 pin

Just to make sure this is a lightning plug not the old 30 pin

Lightning plug for iPhone 6 or 6s. This makes it easy. I appreciate it. I have cameo. Now just plug and go. Another question. My iPhone is only 16g so with the 2.7.k. The sizes are huge. You are putting all this on your phone l,uploading then deleting?

I have a 64gb so it's allot easier, that would be challenging with only a 16gb, a 10 minute video is like 3 gb

Tony,

Wait til you get your 4K Pro. Then you will need a new PC, software as well as a new phone. Hope you been a good boy if you expect Santa to deliver.
Yeah, the drone could be 1/2 the cost of everything you'll need or think you need. They should put that in the adv. Requires a smart phone, and an *** kickin pc that you probably don't have, an antenna mod, a case, and a big wallet, cause you may crash it and have to buy another one......LOL

Why cant you edit video in 2.7k? What kind of editing are you trying to do? I find that shooting in 2.7K produces the best quality videos

Why cant you edit video in 2.7k? What kind of editing are you trying to do? I find that shooting in 2.7K produces the best quality videos
Should have stated it better I can edit it on my pc. But not in dji go app. It will not play on my iPhone or tablet in 2.7k Which is an iPad Air. It puts it in movie files. But this is my fault. Should have chose. MP4 format. Also 2.7k takes up too much space on mobile devices. Now I know. I will now take files directly from sd card to my iPhone. Then I can edit.

Should have stated it better I can edit it on my pc. But not in dji go app. It will not play on my iPhone or tablet in 2.7k Which is an iPad Air. It puts it in movie files. But this is my fault. Should have chose. MP4 format. Also 2.7k takes up too much space on mobile devices. Now I know. I will now take files directly from sd card to my iPhone. Then I can edit.

ah ok!.. i've never tried editing in DJI Go app. i have my format set to .mp4. i shoot video in 2.7k, i then copy from SD card to my computer and convert to 1080 format so i can watch on my TV or phone.

That's awesome guys, good to hear P3 Standards can push to almost 4,000 feet without mods, and way over that in some rural areas and over water..
My distance record so far is ~3,200 feet set yesterday (i lost video feed after 1,500 feet but kept going)... I fly out of my back yard, and i live next to 2 schools, ambulance station, and a lot of houses, so there is A LOT of interference. My video almost always goes out after 1,200-1,300 feet... Im going try again this week to see how far i get before RTH kicks in (still a little nervous with it). I think i can get to 4,000 feet. My problem is after 3,200 feet i can barely see, its just a dot in the sly, and without video feed i'd be just flying blind, and its no fun!

View attachment 43301

View attachment 43302
So you fly out... Lose video link and keep flying without being able to see it or otherwise know where it is? Interesting.

So you fly out... Lose video link and keep flying without being able to see it or otherwise know where it is? Interesting.
That's crazy. I would not do that mainly because even if you activate rth it does not beep to let you know if it is coming back.

Yes. I fly out, lose video link, but i can still see it tho. Its a dot in the sky at that point, but that dot moves left, right, up down etc when i control it. Still records video etc.
I also bought binoculars so i can see it better.
I went out as far as 3200 feet after loosing video at 1300, i just kept going straight. RTH works great because i have full radio signal bar, so i just flip the S2 switch and it comes home.

That's crazy. I would not do that mainly because even if you activate rth it does not beep to let you know if it is coming back.

I tested the RTH a few times before going long, and it worked fine. I cannot initiate rth from the app when i lose video, but the controller switch works great. As long as i have radio connection with the drone it should work. If i lose radio then the fail safe kicks in and brings it home automatically...

Yes. I fly out, lose video link, but i can still see it tho. Its a dot in the sky at that point, but that dot moves left, right, up down etc when i control it. Still records video etc.
I also bought binoculars so i can see it better.
I went out as far as 3200 feet after loosing video at 1300, i just kept going straight. RTH works great because i have full radio signal bar, so i just flip the S2 switch and it comes home.

I did that from home last night, I went in a direction that I lose video at 1500' or so but kept going. I lost control signal at 5200' and it came back on its own. Used the recorded video to determine where it turned around for RTH and used google earth to get the distance.

I did that from home last night, I went in a direction that I lose video at 1500' or so but kept going. I lost control signal at 5200' and it came back on its own. Used the recorded video to determine where it turned around for RTH and used google earth to get the distance.

I did the exact same thing to measure the distance! lol.. I looked at the recorded video and then checked google maps to see how far i went..
Look, i know its probably not the easiest way to fly, but at the same time I have no reason not to trust my RTH, i have good GPS signal, strong remote signal, so why not give it a shot and see how far i can go...

Reactions: Bob8619
I must have a freak stock P3S! Went out last weekend on another distance run and made it 10,241', or 1.93 miles before I started losing signal and initiated RTH. I think I can push the distance a little further if I launch from a more open area. Can't believe the range I'm getting with this.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 264

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20