I let it rip today. (Stock) 4031ft

I let my stock P3S buck last weekend. Made it 5,875 ft before the signal started to cut out and in. It didn't auto RTH but I headed back home anyway. I have 6 flights in and I'm hooked!
View attachment 43283
Impressive. But I'm wondering how you got 41mph out it? A strong tail wind I guess. Incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Impressive. But I'm wondering how you got 41mph out it? A strong tail wind I guess. Incredible.

Yes, a strong tail wind on the way back. Average wind speed was 26.5 mph according to healthydrones. I didn't realize it was that windy.

If ya want to really know what you are flying in and I do I go up to around 300' and put it in ATTI and watch it drift .
Wind might be blowing one way on the ground and up there it might be different . Going long you sure don't want to
be fighting it coming back .

Reactions: RodPad
That's awesome guys, good to hear P3 Standards can push to almost 4,000 feet without mods, and way over that in some rural areas and over water..
My distance record so far is ~3,200 feet set yesterday (i lost video feed after 1,500 feet but kept going)... I fly out of my back yard, and i live next to 2 schools, ambulance station, and a lot of houses, so there is A LOT of interference. My video almost always goes out after 1,200-1,300 feet... Im going try again this week to see how far i get before RTH kicks in (still a little nervous with it). I think i can get to 4,000 feet. My problem is after 3,200 feet i can barely see, its just a dot in the sly, and without video feed i'd be just flying blind, and its no fun!

Drone1.PNG

Drone2.PNG

That's awesome guys, good to hear P3 Standards can push to almost 4,000 feet without mods, and way over that in some rural areas and over water..
My distance record so far is ~3,200 feet set yesterday (i lost video feed after 1,500 feet but kept going)... I fly out of my back yard, and i live next to 2 schools, ambulance station, and a lot of houses, so there is A LOT of interference. My video almost always goes out after 1,200-1,300 feet... Im going try again this week to see how far i get before RTH kicks in (still a little nervous with it). I think i can get to 4,000 feet. My problem is after 3,200 feet i can barely see, its just a dot in the sly, and without video feed i'd be just flying blind, and its no fun!

View attachment 43301

View attachment 43302
I would be a little nervous also trying for distance over such an urban spot . Find somewhere you can fly without all that and bet you will do better .

Reactions: RodPad
Hello All
here in the valley of the sun (Phoenix). It is somewhat flat. I was about to take my Phantom 3 adv out for a walk.
I was able to make it 13k. all stock , I turned around because I did not want to cross over a road. White knuckle. All flat farm ground. I did start lossing signal and I raised it up 200 ft most of the time it was just about 100 ft.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

It is somewhat flat. I was about to take my Phantom 3 adv out for a walk.
Sorry man, they have been using Phantom 3 Standard (Stock).

I know for sure I could have hit much more distance. I had 3 bars and video feed was still clear. I just lost my nerves. Next time j will push for 5000 ft stock. I don't feel the need to go further than that. As I was flying totally fpv. No way could I se even a dot. And it was clear blue skies.

Tony, put some more gas in the tank so you can catch up. Personal best had to try it after I read your flight.
View attachment 43511
Yikes!!! Lmao. Outstanding. Looks like the weather will be perfect tomorrow. I will give it another shot. This time I will not chicken out. If I can get 6k I will be very happy. Over 7500 stock. That is sweet. I did read post earlier someone got over 11k stock.

Mine is an advanced but I have open space out my back door. But today for some reason I was only getting 14-15 GPS sats where usually it is 19-20. Aliens must be moving in the neighborhood.

Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted. Better bring along an extra diaper. LOL

Hello everyone. Finally had good weather today and I took her for another spin. This time I surprised myself. Trying to do the math As to how far I went. Keep in mind. I'm using only stock equipment. No mods. 2264.7 meters. Or 6800 feet before I started to lose signal. I accidentally turned the remote the other way to talk to a friend is when I lost it. To say I'm impressed with the standard is an understatement.
ebda85d51daf289b669b272186ebfb48.jpg
1c76aa01c938ac3dc221a1851ad8a009.jpg

Tony, that is great especially for stock P3S equipment. You should have kept your moth shut and paid attention to flying and you probably would have went even further. LOL

Reactions: Tony Cowan

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl