Over 10,000' stock

Reaction score
7494abe9292a807d6c6117702d4cb9d6.jpg
well went for a spin today after read a bunch of threads on aiming the antenna for better distance. Got out to a little over 6,000' and was losing signal and got the idea to go upstairs and crawl out the second floor wind on to the roof. Got a little past 10,600' and got battery warning to turn back. If I hadn't spent some time just flying around the house first might have made it farther. This was all stock no windsurfer or upgrades. Ordered a dbs that will be in next week.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah I was climbing at the end to keep video signal, once noticed that I got back down to 490' alt

Awesome! Been hearing good things from the P3S I added DBS mod to mine haven't boosted it yet but getting about 6800ft before video gets choppy. I'm kind of new to flying so I'm still learning to aim this controller without my ADD kicking in lol. I hear the DBS has to be aimed pretty good. Think climbing to a roof is my next venture lol. Want some crazy distance try the Litchi app lol. No controller needed GPS flights, I've played with the app running some small courses, no long distance journeys yet though

Yeah I was climbing at the end to keep video signal, once noticed that I got back down to 490' alt

What is the highest you went? I might go up to 600 next time to break the 15.000 mark. Of course no where near civilization. Just waiting for several of us to meet up and can have multiple eyes in the sky. Will get some binoculars next week for a spotter. Not sure even with binoculars if can be seen from say 15k feet.

Well I try to stay under the 500' that the FAA recommends but I got up to 548 for a little bit on that flight.

No problem with going over. I just think your signal was improved based in your altitude. I went the full 1640 once. But that was a test.

Lol yeah I think we've all test it. It also helps I live on a ridge so I got pretty good line of site

faa says 400 not 500

That's what they say. But ama says ignore it if you have spotter. Im member of AmA

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I due have some binoculars my height is set at 500 shh don't tell anyone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues