I envisioned jail time.

Reaction score
I'm out enjoying the nice weather, as I'm starting to think about bringing my quad back in, I see a bald eagle up in the top of a near by tree. I get all excited and think how awesome is this opportunity. Some awesome photos and video footage, it's going to be so epic, national geographic is going to hire me. Then I thought...what happens when the eagle decides it hates my quad, goes to attack it and then by some dumb luck one of my props cuts its head off. I'll have to strap my quad to a cinder block and throw it in a lake, then I'd have to move to Canada. So with the fear of living In a place where it's always winter, I decided to keep my bird far away from the eagle and brought her on home. I stayed and watch the eagle for a while, breathed in the fresh air of not being a fugitive and then drove home.

Well said Ralph.

It's always better to error on the side of caution especially when dealing with wild life.

Reactions: dirkclod
I've had that same struggle and made the same decision in the end with Eagles, an Osprey and Great Blue Herons (a flock nest just down the road from me). Would make some great footage but...

Reactions: dirkclod
Of course it's OK it the all powerful federal government does it. A few years ago, there was a nest of bald eagles on the Kennedy space complex in a large tree. The feds wanted to keep an eye on them so they set up a web cam to watch them 24/7, and apparently the camera emitted some sort of noise that the birds hated. Every once in a while the eagles would attack the camera and try to push it to the ground. I believe the birds got fed up and moved the nest.

About a month ago, I was driving through the mountains west of Denver on the way to Blackhawk, CO. I noticed a stream that was frozen, so I pulled off to the side of the road to take a few pictures. I was just about to fly my P3A when I was stopped by a park ranger. The ranger informed me that I was near a nest of golden eagles and was in danger of disturbing them...which carries a $10,000 fine and jail time. Needless to say, I left the area. :D

Of course it's OK it the all powerful federal government does it. A few years ago, there was a nest of bald eagles on the Kennedy space complex in a large tree. The feds wanted to keep an eye on them so they set up a web cam to watch them 24/7, and apparently the camera emitted some sort of noise that the birds hated. Every once in a while the eagles would attack the camera and try to push it to the ground. I believe the birds got fed up and moved the nest.

The birds were being monitored because they were within a short distance of a launch pad. According to NASA, the camera was moved to an adjacent tree and was no longer a problem for the eagles. The nest is still there.

Sorry to interrupt with the facts...

The birds were being monitored because they were within a short distance of a launch pad. According to NASA, the camera was moved to an adjacent tree and was no longer a problem for the eagles. The nest is still there.

Sorry to interrupt with the facts...
That's cool. I just remembered the story second hand from a NASA tour I received many years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I also remember them saying that after a shuttle launch all the alligators were grumpy for 3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

How will I ever make national geographic without annoying animals with my p3p? (Read with extreme sarcasm)

good call, prey birds love to chase multi-rotors.

now just as FYI you need one hell of a motor and really big props to cut any bird heads off or anything in them, not to be used as an excuse to do, but more as general knowledge.

i seem to many treads were people thing small plastic props can kill someone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers