I Crashed. Advice Needed

Reaction score
I am looking for some advice. I am a high school football coach. We use the drone (Mine) to film practice and the views are spectacular. Game changing. Its a pretty safe and controlled environment, drone goes up, drone goes down.

Well, it happened. We hit the only tree around. It crashed, and the gimbal sheared off, and the wires were all ripped out.

Its a Phantom 3, I bought it used and I am not sure what the best course of action from here is. Can someone offer advice? Total loss? Worth fixing?

mA2v5p

Your case is the primary result in a P3 crash. Well worth fixing. Black a grey wire are coaxial antenna wires. $20US. Ribbon cable, inexpensive, not sure of the cost? All just plug in, but for both you have to take the top off the drone. That is the best I can see from the picture. Make sure everything is ok, not bent or nicks in ribbon cable going to camera. Fix it or get a friend that is good at tinkering.
Ps Also get the vibration isolators. The white rubber things.

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I cant thank you enough for the reply. So I should buy the little pieces and wires from a gimbal replacement kit??

It does seem like the camera itself is fine. I wonder if I can just get by with trying
Your case is the primary result in a P3 crash. Well worth fixing. Black a grey wire are coaxial antenna wires. $20US. Ribbon cable, inexpensive, not sure of the cost? All just plug in, but for both you have to take the top off the drone. That is the best I can see from the picture. Make sure everything is ok, not bent or nicks in ribbon cable going to camera. Fix it or get a friend that is good at tinkering.
Ps Also get the vibration isolators. The white rubber things.

For the price, it is worth trying. The season is short coach. Go to Amazon, P3 gimbal parts and pick out what you need.

What part of the country are you in? Just curious.

For the price, it is worth trying. The season is short coach. Go to Amazon, P3 gimbal parts and pick out what you need.

What part of the country are you in? Just curious.

Where is the best place to get replacement parts. I found a kit on amazon. But some are saying the camera ribbon is not powerful enough to get juice to the camera.

Where is the best place to get replacement parts. I found a kit on amazon. But some are saying the camera ribbon is not powerful enough to get juice to the camera.

I would agree with Rootman, if the camera/gimbal aren't physically damaged, it should be a relatively inexpensive and worthwhile fix. The white vibration dampeners are cheap and can be found all over eBay. Typically, the clear support pins are sold along with the dampeners. It looks like the silver vibration plate on the belly of the drone that the dampeners mount to is intact, but check for any cracks on the four tabs as now would be the time to replace it if needed. I'd suggest buying an OEM DJI brand ribbon cable to avoid any electrical/signal issues. There may be some reports of issues with the knock-off ribbon cables. Good luck.

From the picture, the damage is more than ripped cable. How about the arms, are they bended. If so, the cost of repair jumps up significantly.

From the picture, the damage is more than ripped cable. How about the arms, are they bended. If so, the cost of repair jumps up significantly.

The arms appear to be ok. The mount on the actual gimbal, one of the holes is broken.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94