I checked the manual, no info on "Auto Land" problem

Per the Phantom manual, your Phantom was ignoring your stick commands since it was below 65 feet. Once it reached 65 feet, it started immediately returning to the home point since you moved the throttle stick as it tried to ascend beyond that point.

View attachment 71346

So let us say I did regain control by using the left stick, how come it flipped upside down?

I knew I had control again after using left stick, but I couldn't stop the slide to the right at all. My video shows it coming backwards towards me & crashing, but I know from what I saw, that it crashed at the apex of the two roads. That is where I picked it off of the ground. Really weird!

Kurt

BTW

I used your link to buy from DJI 4 complete sets of the "Real Propellers" plus a spare battery. They had a reduced price sale going on & I can't pass up a bargain!

Kurt

My video shows it coming backwards towards me & crashing, but I know from what I saw, that it crashed at the apex of the two roads.
Please post that video here.

Your flight log shows you were on the sticks the entire time as it was trying to auto land. It looks like the forward motion on the elevator was just enough to make it tumble when the landing gear made contact with the ground.

Your flight log shows you were on the sticks the entire time as it was trying to auto land. It looks like the forward motion on the elevator was just enough to make it tumble when the landing gear made contact with the ground.

Thanks for your input "msinger"

I think I flipped it with input from the right stick to the left while trying to prevent anymore "right slide" into some bushes. I still think the video I put up on YouTube is not correct, but it is the only one I have from that date.

I think I will do a snapshot of my cellphone that shows the flight & where it landed. I hope I can capture it as to when I pushed "RTH" because I sure didn't get a audio out that it was returning home.

P.S.
I contacted Amazon about my propeller order, They accepted my need for a return due to the incorrect part, & sent me a UPS return label via a link. As soon as I drop them off at a authorized "Amazon UPS drop point" I will get my refund. The packaging looked real except that the "DJI" was in black & not blue.

while trying to prevent anymore "right slide" into some bushes
Next time, cancel the RTH before you attempt to manually land it. That way you won't have to fight your Phantom to the ground while it's trying to return to the home point at the same time.

Next time, cancel the RTH before you attempt to manually land it. That way you won't have to fight your Phantom to the ground while it's trying to return to the home point at the same time.

I thought if I moved the left stick it would cancel? But, at the time I didn't know I hit RTH & thought I hit Auto Land. I have learned a very good lesson here, if it is flying good, don't press any buttons or cellphone functions.

Thanks again for your help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik