I Can Fly

Thank you AW. The only difference is that I do it for free :). I really love these flying cameras. No critiques? I love your critiques and it helped me a lot to improve my filming skills. BTW nowadays I’m reading a lot about photography and filming. I purchased my first professional tripod (Manfrotto MT055XPRO3-3W) and a few other accessories. For the camera I’ll wait for Canon or Nikon to release their full frame mirrorless camera but if they don’t release a good one I’ll buy Sony 7R3. What are the best lenses for landscape photography and astrophotography (focal length)? How wide should I go? Zoom or primes? Thanks.

Like my mentor, Darth Vader, once said, "Impressive. Most impressive."

Thanks my friend. Last week I told you it won’t be so slow:) I’m really glad you liked it. I filmed this place 3 times but I was not able to get these shots in my previous videos. It was very difficult to control the drone and I didn’t have to much experience in flying in ATTI mode. This time I spent two full days around this canyon and I got what I want.

Last edited:
Well, not really a critique but, the one thing that I noticed was some occasional "jerkiness" in certain parts of the video, like maybe the frame rate was a bit too slow?

I agree. It is because of flying in ATTI mode. There was strong wind in this cave like place and in the presence of the wind, even when it is very light, it is still almost impossible to keep the drone stabile in ATTI mode. You have to constantly play with sticks to prevent crash. In some other shots I was doing videolapse and again because of high wind velocity most of the shots was unusable. This is what left behind.

I agree. It is because of flying in ATTI mode. There was strong wind in this cave like place and in the presence of the wind, even when it is very light, it is still almost impossible to keep the drone stabile in ATTI mode. You have to constantly play with sticks to prevent crash. In some other shots I was doing videolapse and again because of high wind velocity most of the shots was unusable. This is what left behind.

Got it. Thanks for clarifying. Again, not a critique or criticism. More like, is that supposed to be in there? Very well done! Keep 'em coming! Still waitiing for that "action" video with the drone dogfight. Yes/no?

Reactions: OOO
Got it. Thanks for clarifying. Again, not a critique or criticism. More like, is that supposed to be in there? Very well done! Keep 'em coming! Still waitiing for that "action" video with the drone dogfight. Yes/no?

I have two drones but I need one more pilot to do that. I launched two drones many times but it is very difficult to control both. Today I tried it again. One drone was in tap to fly mode and I was controlling the other one. Not bad but still it is better to have another pilot for the second drone. The footage is not bad but I need to polish my skills on this :)

Simply stunning. Wish I had 1/4 of your editing skills!

Thank you! My editing skill is limited to cutting clips and simple color correction. But I work hard to get what I want while recording. That is possibly the best way to have a good footage. And if you have this you don’t need to work hard in post.

Reactions: MTO
For those of us following along at home, where was that video shot?

The footage was recorded in two different canyons. Both canyons are located in Kastamonu city of Turkey. The drone was launched in 7 different spots including bottom and top of the canyons. In some spots I had to hand launch the drone.

The footage was recorded in two different canyons. Both canyons are located in Kastamonu city of Turkey. The drone was launched in 7 different spots including bottom and top of the canyons. In some spots I had to hand launch the drone.

I just cast it to my Samsung. As I said before, impressive. Most impressive. Really well done.

Reactions: OOO
Absolutly fantastic footage, You were so close to the water my heart was pumping fast.

Thanks my friend! The drone hit the water many times. In addition I had a few more issues during these flights:
1) In some flight while the drone was in VLOS it didn’t respond to my inputs for 2-3 minutes. Very stressful moments :)
2) Almost in all flights I got “maximum flight altitude reached” message. IMO, If you start in places where GPS signal is not available it won’t ascend. I had to go to another spot where GPS signal is OK and then come back to initial launching spot.
3) Many many close calls and mini crashes
4) Frequent magnet error messages while flying very close to some rock walls. It usually disappeared when I moved away from that particular spot.

I thought I was impressed with an earlier video that you did, some time ago. THIS is simply UNBELIEVABLE!!!

YOU have incredible talent, Man! Not only the flying abilities, but the editing as well! That "pause to black" when the music stops for a second, is soooooo dramatic. Absolutely professional quality and skills!

......... may we all become HALF that good! :)

Reactions: MTO and OOO

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic