I Can Fly

Absolute stunning!! Fantastic brave fly, music and edition!. Congratulations!!!!!

Reactions: OOO
Thank you very much! I do my best while recording. If the overall quality of the shots is good, editing part usually doesn’t take to much time. But I must say most difficult part of the editing is to find an appropriate backgraound music. I’m really glad that you liked the music.

Last edited:
Thank you very much! I do my best while recording. If the overall quality of the shots is good, editing part usually doesn’t take to much time. But I must say most difficult part of the editing is to find an appropriate backgraound music! I’m really glad that you liked the music.
I'm agree with you, sometimes find appropiate music is like a nightmare
You're welcome

'I Can Fly'

Yessir, you sure can! And edit too!

Breathtaking, captivating, stunning...

Absolutly fantastic footage, You were so close to the water my heart was pumping fast.
Without a doubt the best video I have ever seen on what a drone can capture , not to mention the attention to detail in the editing and choice of music.
Sometimes the close call are what make the video worth watching but in this case , its a video that everyone can learn from. Thank you
Now if i could just get you to capture an incredible storm, that would be epic.

Without a doubt the best video I have ever seen on what a drone can capture , not to mention the attention to detail in the editing and choice of music.
Sometimes the close call are what make the video worth watching but in this case , its a video that everyone can learn from. Thank you
Now if i could just get you to capture an incredible storm, that would be epic.

Thank you PhantomWetSuit and Uncle Stumpy!

I’ve been to these mountains and canyons several times before. But when I started to explore the same places with my drone I feel like I've never seen these places before. These flying cameras are amazing!

Thank you PhantomWetSuit and Uncle Stumpy!

I’ve been to these mountains and canyons several times before. But when I started to explore the same places with my drone I feel like I've never seen these places before. These flying cameras are amazing!
Without a doubt you have shown people how amazing this hobby can be , let alone money making with video and editing like this. Yosemitee National parks could use a nice video, :}

Nice video. Lot's of guts when flying in that environment. What drone was used? Did you turn off collision avoidance? My biggest question, one which I deal with often, is how do you go about planning a drone flight to assure you are not in a restricted area. Do you use an app like AIRMAP?

Nice video. Lot's of guts when flying in that environment. What drone was used? Did you turn off collision avoidance? My biggest question, one which I deal with often, is how do you go about planning a drone flight to assure you are not in a restricted area. Do you use an app like AIRMAP?

Thanks.
1) P4P
2) I don’t use obstacle avoidance. It is always off.
3)These canyons are located in a national park. The drone was launched from multiple spots (from the top and bottom of the canyons). Maximum flight altitude was around 120 meters above ground level. At the end of the video you can see an observation desk. That was one of my launching spot.
4) I don’t use AIRMAP but I keep no fly zones database updated.

Last edited:
000, this may have been asked but what do you use for editing and did you have a filter on?
Thanks ( I am an Aussie living in philippines) you have given me some great ideas but your video is the best I have ever seen in mountainous area . Is this video on YouTube? .Sorry to ask lots of questions.
Update::Wow just found the edit tool, .no need to answer my questions I just found it on YouTube . I will follow you thanks.

Last edited:
000, this may have been asked but what do you use for editing and did you have a filter on?
Thanks ( I am an Aussie living in philippines) you have given me some great ideas but your video is the best I have ever seen in mountainous area . Is this video on YouTube? .Sorry to ask lots of questions.
Update::Wow just found the edit tool, .no need to answer my questions I just found it on YouTube . I will follow you thanks.

Thanks. I use FCPX for editing. Yes, I use ND filters when needed.

One of the best productions I’ve seen!! I guess I’ll crawl back in my hole now and let you make the vids.

One of the best productions I’ve seen!! I guess I’ll crawl back in my hole now and let you make the vids.

Thank you very much for the kind words. As I mentioned in my previous posts editing part was relatively easy. But I worked hard and tried to do my best to get what I want while flying. I planned all moves I had to do beforehand and launched the drone from multiple spots to achieve my goals. I am really happy to see that you liked it.

Reactions: MTO
Thank you AW. The only difference is that I do it for free :). I really love these flying cameras. No critiques? I love your critiques and it helped me a lot to improve my filming skills. BTW nowadays I’m reading a lot about photography and filming. I purchased my first professional tripod (Manfrotto MT055XPRO3-3W) and a few other accessories. For the camera I’ll wait for Canon or Nikon to release their full frame mirrorless camera but if they don’t release a good one I’ll buy Sony 7R3. What are the best lenses for landscape photography and astrophotography (focal length)? How wide should I go? Zoom or primes? Thanks.
Years ago, I would have said "primes". But now Nikon have some excellent zoom lenses with great optics. And if you're hiking a lot, this might be a factor. If you ever want to do macro photography (e.g. flowers or anything close-up), then a dedicated lens is best by far; I use a Nikkor 105mm f2.8.

Unless you need to go really wide (e.g. for Ngorongoro Crater from the rim), my advice is "don't". You lose detail and therefore interest in the image. At the end of the day, content and composition is everything.

All the best, as usual.

Years ago, I would have said "primes". But now Nikon have some excellent zoom lenses with great optics. And if you're hiking a lot, this might be a factor. If you ever want to do macro photography (e.g. flowers or anything close-up), then a dedicated lens is best by far; I use a Nikkor 105mm f2.8.

Unless you need to go really wide (e.g. for Ngorongoro Crater from the rim), my advice is "don't". You lose detail and therefore interest in the image. At the end of the day, content and composition is everything.

All the best, as usual.

Thanks AW. Yes, I hike a lot. I’m thinking to buy 24-70/f4 and 70-200/f4 for landscape and 20 mm f1.8 for astrophotography.

It was fun to hike, climb and film. I hope you enjoy it. Please watch in 4K.

Very nice. Where do you get your music? I use classical with some of my videos, but often get flagged for copyrighted material.

Very nice. Where do you get your music? I use classical with some of my videos, but often get flagged for copyrighted material.

Thanks. I usually get my music from youtube. Search for copyright free music, you’ll find several good sources. But sometimes I use paid sites for music (audio jungle and premium beat).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl