I bit the bullet and bought a Phantom 3 extended warranty

I have asked for them to send me the T&C's. I will purchase a plan if they spell out clearly what is covered and isn't.

A great question. I'm anxious to hear some reviews too, but I haven't had to file yet.

“Accidents” – accidental damage to Component Parts through no fault of the operator.

This seems like a pretty solid "out clause" - IE if it is the fault of the operator, it is not covered. (they go on to specifically state that reckless flying isn't covered)

I'm not saying that they would use this clause against you... but I would be wary of it.....

“Accidents” – accidental damage to Component Parts through no fault of the operator.

This seems like a pretty solid "out clause" - IE if it is the fault of the operator, it is not covered. (they go on to specifically state that reckless flying isn't covered)

I'm not saying that they would use this clause against you... but I would be wary of it.....
Can't find that wording in my contract. Can you point me to it.
Thanks

Found it, thanks anyhow.

Found it, thanks anyhow.

ScreenHunter_35 Jul. 15 16.58.jpg

Figure I'd post it for others.....

I bought the same insurance but my coverage don't start till July 20th since he makes you wait 15 days before coverage starts

Yes. They paid for my rotorpixel when my P2V flew away. The P2V was already out of the 90 day period or it would have been covered too.

The AMEX Purchase Protection plan specifically says that aircrafts are not covered. Did they not see the Phantom as an aircraft?

The AMEX Purchase Protection plan specifically says that aircrafts are not covered. Did they not see the Phantom as an aircraft?

Really? I read the policy and didn't see any exemption clauses like you mention

Really? I read the policy and didn't see any exemption clauses like you mention

Yes. It is not something super obvious, but it is there. Master Card also also says something similar.

Look under additional information:
https://online.americanexpress.com/...nlineClaims/OnlineClaimForms/ClaimForm_PP.pdf

There are some products and items not covered under this program including, but not limited to, the following: Travelers checks, tickets of any kind, negotiable instruments (including, but not limited to, gift certificates, gift cards and gift checks), cash or its equivalent; animals or living plants; rare stamps or coins; consumable or perishable items with limited life spans (including, but not limited to, perfume, light bulbs, batteries); antique or previously owned items; motorized vehicles and watercraft, aircraft, and motorcycles or their motors, equipment, parts or accessories; stolen or damaged property consisting of articles in a pair or set.

I didn't even know credit cards offer that type of protection.. Does it cover PayPal purchases through cc?

And regarding the insurance.. What does it cover? If the quad crashes and I didn't csc or hit anything intentionally, will they fix it?

I didn't even know credit cards offer that type of protection.. Does it cover PayPal purchases through cc?

And regarding the insurance.. What does it cover? If the quad crashes and I didn't csc or hit anything intentionally, will they fix it?

Yes it will, because you used the CC to make the payment and it will be on your statement.

Personally, I don't buy these warranties. They have been more a hassel when I have in the past for other things. I can afford to replace things though and have a fix it mentality. Most always I take care of my own stuff if I break it. But if it gives you piece of mind, go for it. It's only money. (which will probably be worth less next year with inflation)
It can't be any worse than the warranty DJI gives you. The actual proof that purchasing an ext. warr. is a good value is if the warranters give you what they say they will. Time will tell on that.

I'll just mention that I think a mistake he's making is offering the coverage at any time. I understand there is a "15 waiting period". Still, someone could crash their Phantom, get the policy, wait 15 days and then lie about the date of the crash.

The flight records are dated. How are you going to advance the calendar, or rewind it. ;-)
Play fair, and don't purposely cheat the system. Insurance fraud is why many of the premiums are so sky high.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Sammynels
The flight records are dated. How are you going to advance the calendar, or rewind it. ;-)
Play fair, and don't purposely cheat the system. Insurance fraud is why many of the premiums are so sky high.

RedHotPoker
I'm just saying, do you actually think people are going to do right just because you say or suggest they should? Good luck with that one.

I am offering private insurance for the P3A and any model lower. Any issue, no questions asked, no documentation needed. No need to send in the wrecked bird. Cost is $1299 for a 5 year plan. Any replacement will need to be re-insured. I am new to this business but have done the math and feel comfortable that I will do OK. I figure with what they are paying for P2's on ebay I can't lose. Email me.
Edit: You are welcome to purchase the insurance after the crash.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sammynels
OK, now I will report on my experience with Neary Aerial. Got my P3P back today.I broke the gimbal off and separated the body at numerous places. After sending the email to Neary I had a prepaid 1 Day Air label to UAV Repair shop. Hani proceeded to diagnose all its issues and kept in constant contact with me. Some parts were a little hard to obtain so it took 3 weeks to repair. Just ran it through its paces and everything seems as good as new. It looks as good as new, even replaced the gold stickers. So, I would say I am very happy with my purchase of the service contract. I hope all goes well for Neary so I can renew next year. I also recommend Hani at UAV Repairs for those without the insurance. You do not need to replace a $550 gimbal if all that broke is a part of it.

Reactions: RyanK and Alex_

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31