I air dropped a beer to my neighbor 1/2 mile away with my P3

Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale to Xenia, Ohio please ;) How did you trigger the drop?

Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale to Xenia, Ohio please ;) How did you trigger the drop?
I do have a system that pours alcohol and lowers it down from the drone via carriage, you like it shaken or stirred?? I have a vid on my channel that explains everything about the trigger mechanism, basically used a transmitter, reciever, and servo in short.

I do have a system that pours alcohol and lowers it down from the drone via carriage, you like it shaken or stirred?? I have a vid on my channel that explains everything about the trigger mechanism, basically used a transmitter, reciever, and servo in short.
Way cool, I'll check it out.

Reactions: MinnesotaKyle
Excellent work. I like that idea. What's the range on the "Drop Tx/Rx" system since it's not going via Lightbridge?

Just one tip... before release, flip into Atti Mode to get an idea of approximate wind direction/speed then adjust the aircraft position to reduce "running distance" for your poor parched farmer friend LOL.

Reactions: jskdog
Excellent work. I like that idea. What's the range on the "Drop Tx/Rx" system since it's not going via Lightbridge?

Just one tip... before release, flip into Atti Mode to get an idea of approximate wind direction/speed then adjust the aircraft position to reduce "running distance" for your poor parched farmer friend LOL.
Good advice my friend, that's why I am really liking this forum, nothing but genuine enthusiasts such as yourself willing to help others through suggestions and experience!!

Range is about 2/3rds of a mile, I have honestly not tried to go out farther. It might hit a mile??

Range is about 2/3rds of a mile, I have honestly not tried to go out farther. It might hit a mile??

I'm always looking out for new ways to improve our Search & Rescue methods and utilizing a Drop Mechanism would be awesome assuming we can get the aircraft close to the person on the ground and still have Tx/Rx connection to trigger the release. I could see dropping emergency goods, flashlight, 2-way radio and all kinds of items to a person in distress. At the least we could drop a small first-aid kit or something down to them.

Reactions: thunderbird
Does adding weight reduce your flight hours?
Always! That's the penalty for flying. The more weight the higher the motors have to run to lift it where-by reducing flight time.

Does adding weight reduce your flight hours?
Big time, for the beer drop battery drainage was slightly noticeable. However, I uploaded a video of my Jag bomb pouring drone to this forum a day or two ago (also on my youtube channel) the p3 was carrying (about 2lbs+ - booze electronics energy drink custom frame) within 5 mins of flight time the battery was down to 50-60%.

I'm always looking out for new ways to improve our Search & Rescue methods and utilizing a Drop Mechanism would be awesome assuming we can get the aircraft close to the person on the ground and still have Tx/Rx connection to trigger the release. I could see dropping emergency goods, flashlight, 2-way radio and all kinds of items to a person in distress. At the least we could drop a small first-aid kit or something down to them.
Yeah they can be utilized to save many lives, I have heard of firemen using them to drop life jackets to stranded flood victims. Great ideas my friend!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.