Howdy from the Eastern side of Idaho

Reaction score
I live in the lovely little town of Rigby, Idaho. About 5 years ago I won a Phantom 3 Standard at the company Christmas party. I have the up, down, right, left, and rotate thing figured out pretty well since I tinkered with RC in my youth. I even have linking it to my phone down, but the nuances of the different features continue to elude me. Nothing worse than an old fat guy trying to play with the kids and looking foolish, so I figured I might as well let the kids do the hard part and teach the old dog a few new tricks. I enjoy photographing the great outdoors, and our area has plenty of that to enjoy, but the knees won't let me get to some of the locations I seek. The drone will help me put a few more pictures on the wall without having to abuse the Bengay. Thanks for having me.

Last edited:
I live in the lovely little town of Rigby, Idaho. About 5 years ago I won a Phantom 3 Standard at the company Christmas party. I have the up, down, right, left, and rotate thing figured out pretty well since I tinkered with RC in my youth. I even have linking it to my phone down, but the nuances of the different features continue to elude me. Nothing worse than an old fat guy trying to play with the kids and looking foolish, so I figured I might as well let the kids do the hard part and teach the old dog a few new tricks. I enjoy photographing the great outdoors, and our AREA has plenty of that to enjoy, but the knees won't let me get to some of the locations I seek. The drone will help me put a few more pictures on the wall without having to abuse the Bengay. Thanks for having me.
Your spelling as good as mine.☆welcome☆

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. ?

Reactions: rattydude77
I hope the battery is still good after 5 years.
So far it's been reasonably happy, still giving me about 20 minutes +- on a charge. Stocking in a few more is on the short list of must haves as well as a new mount for my phone. The original mount is a bit on the floppy side and is rather annoying. As I've already discovered, spare props are a must, so a bunch of those will be coming. As with anything, there's a learning curve, and mine seems to be curving toward my wallet. ;)

Greetings! Find a large open field and practice :)

Greetings! Find a large open field and practice :)
No problem, I live in the country on an acre of ground with some rather large hay fields right across the road. I might mention, I love the search function here. Already found a quick temporary fix for my phone mount, and a solid replacement on order from ebay.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. P3S owner here and about to be the new owner of a couple more. Will mainly be using mine for fishing with the occasional video/pics until I get better at it. Then probably upgrading to a 4K. Also looking to take my part 107 at some point to get into real estate photography. I live on the coast of NC so housing market is crazy right now as well as lots of rental properties.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers