P4 Firmware How to update DJI drone firmware

Reaction score
main-qimg-c90486657f597a3fb833773a07261542

DJI provides firmware updates on a regular basis to improve the functionality, reliability, and user experience of its devices. If you’ve recently purchased a new DJI drone, you should be aware that the manufacturer highly advises updating firmware as soon as possible. When a new firmware update is ready, the DJI Fly app will tell you…..Read more.

improve the functionality, reliability
Also more flight restrictions and more discrete spying, ability to lock your drone remotely, and DJIs DroneID broadcasting without your consent.

manufacturer highly advises updating
Because the new firmware implements protections and changes for benefit of the manufacturer, and not for the user.

When a new firmware update is ready, the DJI Fly app will tell you
It will often lock your drone. Disable it remotely. Will not allow you to fly until you comply with the FW upgrade.

If your drone was not locked, this means you haven't updated to the locking functionality yet.

and user experience

Every update has a chance of failing and bricking your drone for good. The manufacturer might repair the drone, but often you will still have to pay something. And for Phantoms, they will actually tell there's no longer support and that's it.

Welcome to the Forum!
The picture is not a P4, the link takes me to a web sight with a bunch of adds.

Statment In my signature.
My P3S I sent it twice under warranty, because the firmware messed up a chip on the mother board.

What are you flying?

Rod ..

Also more flight restrictions and more discrete spying, ability to lock your drone remotely, and DJIs DroneID broadcasting without your consent.

Because the new firmware implements protections and changes for benefit of the manufacturer, and not for the user.

It will often lock your drone. Disable it remotely. Will not allow you to fly until you comply with the FW upgrade.

If your drone was not locked, this means you haven't updated to the locking functionality yet.

Every update has a chance of failing and bricking your drone for good. The manufacturer might repair the drone, but often you will still have to pay something. And for Phantoms, they will actually tell there's no longer support and that's it.
You took the words right out of my mouth. DJI's lack of transparency in their firmware release notes insures I will NEVER trust their firmware. I run legacy firmware and software on all 3 of my DJI drones and I couldn't be happier about it.

D

Reactions: RodPad and Starz
It was one of those websites that the article is in the middle, adds running on both sides, read two paragraphs through adds, you know. :rolleyes: 👌

Rod ..

Reactions: Harleydude

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl