How to overlay telemetry

Turn on caption in camera settings. Play in media player capable of reading .srt file. This will show telemetry data not OSD overlay.

I looked, but I'm not seeing one for our Phantom 3.
Pretend I'm stupid and give me step by step, or better yet, a youtube video.

I think this is a windows program, down load your videos and srt files to your computer and do it from there.

I believe that is how this works. I'm looking at doing this so if I get it right I'll post.

I'm interested in this. I just enabled this but have not flow yet. Does that put srt files on the SD card?

when you convert our text files to CDV and import them into the program, what do you select on the drop down menu (data profile)? So, I take the text file from pilot app off my ipad, convert to csv with litchi, then import. Im not sure what to select. I tried flytrex but the MPH is way off.

Last edited:
For mac users, please check: Orbis Terrae

Phantom Overlay is an app that easily allow you to add GPS overlay on top of you video (examples)

It generates GPX files that you can use with Garmin Virb Edit to add nicely designed overlays.
Or generate FCPXML files for simple import into final cut pro, to display GPS info as text on your video.
And you may check the KML files in Google Earth.

Enjoy !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20